Best meals for reliable accurate carbohydrate counting?

lollerhaylz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,
I need to test that my ratio for my evening meals is correct, and to do that I think it would be best to have the same meal a few nights in a row and see what happens to my blood glucose levels. The trouble is that I'm struggling to think of meals where I can be sure of the carb content. I need a meal that will fill me up for the evening but without too much fat that could potentially raise my BG levels later.
I thought about pre-packaged meals that have the carb content on the label, like the ones you just take the plastic off and stick in the oven, but I'm not sure if that would be a healthy choice.
I also thought maybe chicken with a pack of Uncle Ben's microwaveable rice so I can use the carbs on the label.
Does anybody have any recommendations?

P.S. I get Hello Fresh meals delivered so that is what I would usually eat in the evenings, but I find that the carbs on the recipes don't seem to be correct, so this is why I wanted to test my ratio first before concluding that the Hello Fresh info is inaccurate.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’d probably go with meat & a generous helping of veg. Weigh it all out, calculate the carbs & repeat. I guess you would have to try to keep all other variables the same as well such as exercise.

Reactions: lollerhaylz

lollerhaylz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’d probably go with meat & a generous helping of veg. Weigh it all out, calculate the carbs & repeat. I guess you would have to try to keep all other variables the same as well such as exercise.
Ah yes that's a good point about the exercise and other variables, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you :)