BG 3.9 Feeling a little sick

KurvZ

Hi guys some advice please just done a BG after my Evening meal (2hr) and It read 3.9 my lowest yet , but about a hour after my meal I felt a little sick and tired ..

should I eat something ? if yes what should I eat ? , any advice would be great ..

Thanks Dave

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe try a biscuit as something real sweet may make you feel sicker. You really need to up that level.
What did you have to eat?
Angie

KurvZ

Hi Angie , just did another test and now 4.6 ? must be a false alarm .

I hat a large piece of steak for dinner a egg a Potato Waffle some onions and green beans , I didn't eat all the veg and onions , so I had a Apple afterwards ...

Im still feeling a little sick but not as bad ...

Thanks Dave

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dave,
Glad is has gone up a bit.
I don't know what that combination usually does to you but I can't deal with waffles or apples, both would spike me and apples upset my stomach. I would hazard a guess that they sent you high at the 1 hour mark and then you fell quickly.
Now the protein in the steak and egg is kicking in and raising your levels more slowly.
That's how I would perceive it anyways. Someone more experienced on her may shed more light on it soon.
I like a good steak with a big heap of salad, doesn't do much to the levels and sure is tasty!!
Hope you feel better soon.
Regards
Angie

KurvZ

Thanks again Angie ,
I'm still new to all this (3 weeks in) so I'm not sure what does what to me , but I have had Waffles three times before and been ok ...

Only Biscuit we had was choc chip cookies so I had one in my little Panic mode ..

Im ok now I think Paranoia set in a wee bit ... Had no symptoms of Hypo , yes could well have just caught it right at my lowest point and as the Byetta was kicking in ?

Sorry for the hassle just got spooked ... Dave

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
KurvZ said:
Thanks again Angie ,
I'm still new to all this (3 weeks in) so I'm not sure what does what to me ,

Sorry for the hassle just got spooked ... Dave

Don't apologise, we all get spooked at times.
If in doubt about anything just ask, we are all here to try and help (even if some of us are still learning too!!) we are all in this together.
It does get easier, but you still get slapped in the face occassionally by the unexpected.
Regards
Angie