Type 2 Bg reading

Nixon786_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not going into to much details. Recently diagnosed with t2 2 weeks ago. I have been recording my bg. Tonight after my meal 2 hrs later my reading was 4.7 and last night it was 5. So was just wondering if it keeps falling at what stage should I be worried and what are the implications of low bg.

Reactions: pleinster

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Not going into to much details. Recently diagnosed with t2 2 weeks ago. I have been recording my bg. Tonight after my meal 2 hrs later my reading was 4.7 and last night it was 5. So was just wondering if it keeps falling at what stage should I be worried and what are the implications of low bg.

Hi. you don't say what your readings were before meals and whether or not your post meal readings are two hours or more after eating. Nonetheless, your levels are great. It won't just keep falling as a pattern; it will get to a "normal" place for you. I wouldn't worry a tall. I'd be delighted with those levels. the important info for us to be of help is 1] what were your levels initially, 2] are you on medication, 3] Are you on a low carb diet? In my experience, too low (ie. a hypo) would only happen if I was on medication and eating next to no carbs. Everybody is different. I only ever had a couple of hypos (my meter read below 3.5mmols) and I felt light headed. I ate a coupe of sweets and felt fine shortly after. If you think you can trust yourself not to eat the sweeties, stash a bag away for that purpose..if not, a drink of coke or anything sugary will bring it right back up..If it happens. I am now off meds and control only through LCHF and never have hypos. Speak to your doctor for peace of mind, but probably you will learn more in this site. Don't worry - be pleased your levels are well inside the normal range!

By the way, recording premeal and postmeal readings along with what you eat will really inform you about what is having an impact.

Reactions: Mark_1