Birthday boy!!!!

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
well my little man is 9 today and just over 4 years with diabetes, hes going to have the best birthday ever today thanks to his insulin pump. we are taking him and his friends to mcdonalds for tea and then coming home for cake and a play its lovely to think he can have the mcdonalds and cake without feeling like we r doing something we shouldnt, thank goodness for the insulin pump i say lol

anna marie

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hope Dylan has a wonderful birthday and enjoys his tea at McDonalds! :D

Nigel

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
awwwe, happy birthday Dylan!

Now with a pump you can worry less about food and more about kids running around and bouncing off walls :lol:

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Happy birthday Dylan, have a lovely day :D Enjoy the day Anna Marie and don't worry too much about the numbers, but I'm sure they'll be good anyway now you have the pump.

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
im not going to worry too much as its his special day and he should enjoy it as much as possible i will worry about his numbers again tomorrow lol hes so excited thats bound to affect his numbers anyway :D

anna marie

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hope he has a great day :D

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Happy Birthday to your boy :D How nice that you can relax a little on his special day, hope he has a lovely time x

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Happy birthday Dylan - have a lovely day and enjoy eating whatever you want :D

Attachments

• birthday.jpg
    birthday.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,762

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Happy Birthday Dylan, Have a wonderful day :D

sugar2

Aww Happy birthday Dylan... and well done Mum! Mcdonalds with a group of 9 year olds :shock: You brave woman!

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
lol if dylans happy then so am i hes picked some good kids so should be fine i hope :lol:

anna marie

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Happy Birthday Dylan........ :D

Attachments

• woohoo.gif
    woohoo.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 779

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
well the numbers were mostly good he was low coming out of school being 3.2 so allowed him the lolly he was given at school then stopped at mcdonalds with 4 very excited kids had their meal came back home for some cake and dylans gone to bed with a reading of 4.8 i can live with that lol

anna marie

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
oh yes i thank my lucky stars we have our pump life is so much easier to cope with and dylan doesnt feel like hes missing out on doing the things other kids do id just like to say WE LOVE OUR PUMP lol incase u hadnt worked it out :lol:

anna marie