Black pudding

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
So black pudding has virtually no carbs - I've just had 3 slices for lunch . But reading about it on the net there are some conflicting opinions. Thoughts please peeps

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Black pudding is usually made with oats so it can't be zero carb.
It could be up to 20 percent carbs, so you need to get the information on the brand you are eating.

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
There are no grains in this type

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
Black pudding is usually made with oats so it can't be zero carb.
It could be up to 20 percent carbs, so you need to get the information on the brand you are eating.
I didn't say zero carbs it's roughly 15 grams of carbs per 100 grams of pudding

pete254

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My favourite is the Bury black pudding that they sell in Tesco (4 large slices per pack).
However each slice is about 21g of carbs so I only eat 1 slice.
It is delicious though!

Reactions: Debzz_

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
My favourite is the Bury black pudding that they sell in Tesco (4 large slices per pack).
However each slice is about 21g of carbs so I only eat 1 slice.
It is delicious though!
Lovely yum :)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not something I could even contemplate - as my insulin resistance appears to be dropping and my weight has increased by 2 lb I am reducing carbs right down - have reached the mushroom omelette level, which is very close to desperation.
Last meal yesterday was half a box of mushrooms and 3 eggs, and so was first meal today, am drinking water, and thinking of walking to the supermarket to get celery to eat with cream cheese later today.
The one thing we all have in common is that we are all different - the only thing to do is to check and test our individual reaction to various foods - and never stop trying.

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
Not something I could even contemplate - as my insulin resistance appears to be dropping and my weight has increased by 2 lb I am reducing carbs right down - have reached the mushroom omelette level, which is very close to desperation.
Last meal yesterday was half a box of mushrooms and 3 eggs, and so was first meal today, am drinking water, and thinking of walking to the supermarket to get celery to eat with cream cheese later today.
The one thing we all have in common is that we are all different - the only thing to do is to check and test our individual reaction to various foods - and never stop trying.
Awww sorry about that - I love an omelette can get a bit ' egged ' out though can't you . All trial and error indeed .

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I love black pudding! I have a thickish slice with my gammon and eggs, it doesn't raise my blood levels up at all, maybe because of the fat that is in that meal.
Love black pudding!

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
Did you test afterwards?
15% is pretty high in my book.
100 grams is a lot of black pudding and the one I have has no grains so won't be as many carbs . Not affected me levels at all

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
So black pudding has virtually no carbs - I've just had 3 slices for lunch . But reading about it on the net there are some conflicting opinions. Thoughts please peeps

You've done well then, the supermarket black puddings can vary carb wise, as an average I'd say it's around 15g a slice.

The butchers shop own being much thicker is much higher in carbs as one would expect.

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
You've done well then, the supermarket black puddings can vary carb wise, as an average I'd say it's around 15g a slice.

The butchers shop own being much thicker is much higher in carbs as one would expect.
As I stated previously it has no grain in its content :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
100 grams is a lot of black pudding and the one I have has no grains so won't be as many carbs . Not affected me levels at all

I'm not sure I follow this.
Are grains the only carbs that affect you?
If the carb content is 15% then there has to be 15 g of carbohydrates is some form or other.

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
If the carb content is 15% then there has to be 15 g of carbohydrates is some form or other.
If the carb content is 15% then there has to be 15 g of carbohydrates is some form or other.[/Im
Why are you trying to complicate this ? I only stated a 'rough ' content of the amount of carbs in black pudding as I found on a nutrition guide . What else in black pudding would count towards the carbohydrate content ?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Why are you trying to complicate this ? I only stated a 'rough ' content of the amount of carbs in black pudding as I found on a nutrition guide . What else in black pudding would count towards the carbohydrate content ?

Among other things
Wheat Flour
Oatmeal,
Pearl Barley,
Onion ,
White Peppers,
Yeast Extract,
and off course the blood itself, which as we know can be awash in glucose.