Blood pressure meter recommendation

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in the UK and don't have a lot to spend.

Can people recommend an easy to use blood pressure meter please?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have an Omron (M3 I think). Very similar to the one used by my GP surgery. Omron is a good brand in general.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have an Omron M2 Basic. It does the job
Generally I'm not a fan of Amazon but this will give you the idea.
I should use it more often..... note to self!!!

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@lucylocket61 - I'm an Omron fan too for many things, but when I was in the market for a BP machine, Which has just tested home BP machines, and the Lloyds Pharmacy own brand came out top, in the basics range. As I wasn't looking for any thing with more than a consistent reading and a memory, I went for it. It's been fine

It was a while ago now, so it may have changed, but it looks very similar to this: https://lloydspharmacy.com/products/lloydspharmacy-blood-pressure-monitor-and-cuff

The machine is clinically validated, meaning it meets certain standards for accurancy.: http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/your...CI-8Q-trk0sJsi1eO3SRiGKeccwj0U9hoCTOIQAvD_BwE

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a Kinetik one, recommended by St John’s Ambulance and a little cheaper but no less accurate than the Omcrom ones in my experience:
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8470687?clickSR=slp:term:blood pressure monitor:2:20:1
Edited to add, “this Blood Pressure monitor as well as being a fully certified medical device is also manufactured to the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and the British Hypertension Society (BHS) guidelines.”

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I should have added that in the Which piece, they found wrist monitors were not as reliably accurate as the arm cuff versions.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I bought one about a month ago from Lloyds pharmacy online. It was delivered quickly and is easy enough to use. It has a cuff and cost £19.99.
Blood pressure Monitor.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have a 1byone blood pressure machine purchased from Amazon cost me £26.00.

I also used it to calibrate my fitness band which I use to keep track of BP and heart rate throughout the day.

Edit to add did check it against the one used in GP's surgery and it is quite accurate.

Reactions: hankjam

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This thread is a bit old now, but thought I’d mention that Lidl has Omron blood pressure meters in the ‘middle of Lidl’ starting today.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought an iron basic one, it's great.

However, I also had to buy a bigger arm cuff, as mine came with one too small, so people need to be aware of this and check their arm width in CMS