Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

scottie1

I went over my 50g of carbs yesterday, so not best pleased with myself. But didn't have all of my calories.

Going to have to stop weighing myself every day, as getting dis-heartened.

Reactions: 2 people

Janiept

Expert
I went over my 50g of carbs yesterday, so not best pleased with myself. But didn't have all of my calories.

I so get that scottie. I used to weigh myself every day and if I hadn't lost it was the end of the world. Daft isn't it cos weight doesn't come off in nice equal amounts, and we girls have to factor in hormonal changes which make such a difference too.
Nowadays I try and avoid the scales most days and weigh myself once a week, but I confess i'm still fretting between times. Crazy I know, but when you have fought the battle of the bulge it's hard to change your mind set and stop worrying about it :(

Reactions: 3 people

scottie1

I know Janie, I have so much to lose that every pound counts and I thik I'm doing something wrong if the scales don't say it's going. I am trying so hard, and compared with what I was eating, I'm doing great. It's just if the scales don't reflect that I get worried. I think I am going to just weigh myself once a week like you and see if there is a differnce then, just so eager for it to come off that I want to see it.

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know Janie, I have so much to lose that every pound counts and I thik I'm doing something wrong if the scales don't say it's going. I am trying so hard, and compared with what I was eating, I'm doing great. It's just if the scales don't reflect that I get worried. I think I am going to just weigh myself once a week like you and see if there is a differnce then, just so eager for it to come off that I want to see it.
I feel that too Scottie, but every little pound off is a little step further up that mountain we feel like we are climbing. I don't even own weighing scales, i stood on my mams over xmas and almost cried when I saw Id reached my heaviest ever after a huge long course of steroids. But we are heading in the right direction and you've already made a 10lb start! Don't forget that is one awesome achievement!!

scottie1

I feel that too Scottie, but every little pound off is a little step further up that mountain we feel like we are climbing. I don't even own weighing scales, i stood on my mams over xmas and almost cried when I saw Id reached my heaviest ever after a huge long course of steroids. But we are heading in the right direction and you've already made a 10lb start! Don't forget that is one awesome achievement!!

I seemed to have put two punds back on though :(, but today I had only put one back on. Hoping my weigh-in on Friday will show a loss though. I have been on and off steriods for the last ten years, due to having pneumonia and chest infections a lot, but since I stopped smoking ( 11 months 9 days) I haven't had s much as a cough. I cried too, when I was weighed at the doctors in December of last year, but then the Nurse told me my blood results showed I had an under-active thyroid so the GP perscribed Levothyrozine.

It does feel like a mountain to climb Muggle, but I am sure we will get there.

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I seemed to have put two punds back on though :(, but today I had only put one back on. Hoping my weigh-in on Friday will show a loss though. I have been on and off steriods for the last ten years, due to having pneumonia and chest infections a lot, but since I stopped smoking ( 11 months 9 days) I haven't had s much as a cough. I cried too, when I was weighed at the doctors in December of last year, but then the Nurse told me my blood results showed I had an under-active thyroid so the GP perscribed Levothyrozine.

It does feel like a mountain to climb Muggle, but I am sure we will get there.
We will keep each other on track Scottie :)

scottie1

What can I snack on, that has no carbs and is less than 510 calories? Don't have anything in and feeling peckish.

I'm going to have to plan for these times. Can I eat dry roasted peanuts? Off to do some research.

Answered my own question, no I can't. 11 carbs and and 591 calories per 100g

Last edited by a moderator:

scottie1

Hi Scottie,
I would say there is a lot of positives in the above.
Well done.
You probably know this, but I will tell you anyway. Don't drive yourself to the opticians, just incase they want to put drops in your eyes..
Stick with it.

Thank you Milly.

I can't drive so hubby will be taking me. They have said I may have to pay for the examination if there is no difference to my persrciption, as my last test was only in December.

Going to the dentist was a big thing for me, both because they terrify me and I am ashamed of my weight. Going again in March to have two fillings and a permenant crown, so not looking forward to that but seem to have the bug for getting myself right in all ways now, so that's good.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Milly.

I can't drive so hubby will be taking me. They have said I may have to pay for the examination if there is no difference to my persrciption, as my last test was only in December.

Going to the dentist was a big thing for me, both because they terrify me and I am ashamed of my weight. Going again in March to have two fillings and a permenant crown, so not looking forward to that but seem to have the bug for getting myself right in all ways now, so that's good.

I am so frightened of the dentist you would not believe. I only go if a break a tooth. Just trying to phone them, my hand shakes and I feel so sick.
I think it's because of the school dentist went a kid.

Don't be ashamed of your weight. I think a lot of us have weight problems, due to various reasons.

I'm trying hard to work on my portion size. It's hard, but I am determine.
Together Scottie, we can turn this diabetes round.
Stay strong.

Reactions: 6 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only

I went down a little then back up again. Lol
I think your right, we should only weigh ourselves once a week. So lets put the scales away until next tuesday. What do you say Scottie

scottie1

I went down a little then back up again. Lol
I think your right, we should only weigh ourselves once a week. So lets put the scales away until next tuesday. What do you say Scottie

I don't know if I can wait that long Milly, haha, I weighed myself last Friday so was planning on doing the same this week (if I can stay off the scales until then). When did you last weigh yourself?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You'll be fine Scottie ...... I can "see' It in your attitude. Improvements all the time and if there is one major hurdle to jump, it's the mental side of things. You appear, to me at least, to have made some great strides. Do NOT ever become disheartened

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know if I can wait that long Milly, haha, I weighed myself last Friday so was planning on doing the same this week (if I can stay off the scales until then). When did you last weigh yourself?

Today

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really positive today thanks, not been above 6.5 since waking today so im really happy. Just taking one day at a time and hoping for lots more like today :) hope you're doing ok too :)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Thank you Milly.

Scottie......you are doing very well::)) look to the long term and only weigh once a week or less, most important is amount and quality of your foods.

Janiept

Expert
Hi Clive. Please let us know when you have had your op that you are ok won't you. I know you will be, but you know what it's like when someone you know is going to hospital, you think about them and want to know how they are. We will be thinking about you until we hear from you x :)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi Clive. Please let us know when you have had your op that you are ok won't you. I know you will be, but you know what it's like when someone you know is going to hospital, you think about them and want to know how they are. We will be thinking about you until we hear from you x :)
Janiept, thanks ,i will i'm just getting ready to go.really nice to have your support::))