Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think all of you are doing really well, remember to look at the trends in your weight rather than worry too much about the actual readings, I have been told that weight can vary as much as 2lb during the day and even more depending on the time of the month for us females, mine certainly goes up by about 2lb every 4 weeks even though I'm on the injection so hardly get any other effects for the month.

As far as snacks goes, if you like celery I have heard people mention that sticks of that with yogurt or cream cheese can be one option. My preference is Alpen Light bars, but at 11g of carbs they may be too high for you, the advantage is plenty of choice of flavours, long shelf life and easy to carry around, and only about 80 calories be bar.

Clive, got my fingers crossed for you today (making typing a bit difficult ;)), hope to hear everything has gone well soon.

Reactions: 5 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon, Muggle and Scottie,

Right ladies, no slacking while our Clive is away.
He has given ALL of us help, advice and support.

I need to order more strips for my meter and work hard on my portion size.

Scottie, what are your aims for the next few days?
Muggle, same for you?

Reactions: 2 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Muggle, same for you?
I just want to keep doing what im doing and resisting temptation all around me. Ive been good today even though I was reduced to tears in my local council office and felt like binging i didn't, and had my usual salad for lunch once Id got home and pulled myself together. I did forget to test before i ate however. So maybe half a brownie point for me perhaps? :(

Reactions: 3 people

scottie1

I can't believe they made you cry Muggle, how horrible! Are you feeling any better now, I hope so. You did so well resisting the temptation, great stuff!

My BG is still too high, not sure what I am doing wrong as having no sugar at all. That I know of anyway, so will be working on bringing that down Milly, and also working on portion size though I don't have many full meals.

I apologise if I make any spelling mistakes but I am having trouble seei.ng properly. Am really worried about it.

I sat up until 3.20am this morning and still didn't sleep, it's really getting me down. I take sleeping tablets so am not sure why they are not working at the moment.

Apart from all that, I am thinking about Clive, and also determined to carry on with this way of life. It's not as hard as I thought it would be, having tried so many diets over the years; which I gave up on. This feels totally different and I am much more positive. Hope everybody else is as well.

scottie1

You'll be fine Scottie ...... I can "see' It in your attitude. Improvements all the time and if there is one major hurdle to jump, it's the mental side of things. You appear, to me at least, to have made some great strides. Do NOT ever become disheartened

Why, thank you Mike. I'm not too sure what you can see but I like that you can. :)

Reactions: 6 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I just want to keep doing what im doing and resisting temptation all around me. Ive been good today even though I was reduced to tears in my local council office and felt like binging i didn't, and had my usual salad for lunch once Id got home and pulled myself together. I did forget to test before i ate however. So maybe half a brownie point for me perhaps? :(

You are, very strong, WELL DONE!
I'm sure if that had been me I would have gone straight for the crisps and then washed it down with a large glass of wine.
I hope you manage to get things sorted soon.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't believe they made you cry Muggle, how horrible! Are you feeling any better now, I hope so. You did so well resisting the temptation, great stuff!

My BG is still too high, not sure what I am doing wrong as having no sugar at all. That I know of anyway, so will be working on bringing that down Milly, and also working on portion size though I don't have many full meals.

I apologise if I make any spelling mistakes but I am having trouble seei.ng properly. Am really worried about it.

I sat up until 3.20am this morning and still didn't sleep, it's really getting me down. I take sleeping tablets so am not sure why they are not working at the moment.

Apart from all that, I am thinking about Clive, and also determined to carry on with this way of life. It's not as hard as I thought it would be, having tried so many diets over the years; which I gave up on. This feels totally different and I am much more positive. Hope everybody else is as well.

Scottie,
It's not long until friday and your visit to the opticians, hopefully you will be nearer to knowing whats going on with your eye sight.
Im sure you will then be more relaxed and will be able to drift off to the land of nod with ease.

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Well im back up in the high 8s again today Scottie. No idea why, ive eaten the same today as yesterday. Only difference is that i woke up feeling really down, the black cloud has reappeared, i have a rotten headache and have cried almost all day.

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are, very strong, WELL DONE!
I'm sure if that had been me I would have gone straight for the crisps and then washed it down with a large glass of wine.
I hope you manage to get things sorted soon.
You know I only went in to inform them of a change in circumstance-that being my daughter getting a job. This woman who served me looked at me like I am scum and spoke to me in a way i wouldn't speak to a dog. I kept my manners and tried to carry on but she kept being so **** abrupt and rude and eying me up and down so walked out. I tried to tell the receptionist what was wrong and I just collapsed in a heap of tears. I didn't ask to be in the situation im in, I didn't ask for my husband to cheat, i didn't dream of being a single parent living on the bread line. I have a young son with Aspergers who needs pretty much constant supervision at night because he will wake and either play Xbox, raid the fridge or wander off. Sometimes I feel like this is a living hell, I never get more than a few hours sleep at night and it doesn't take much to make me low, especially as I have no confidence to start with. I was brought up to respect people and have good manners, my 3 have been brought up exactly the same and I expect nothing less from others. Sorry to dump all this on you, it just hurt to be judged so negatively

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging

Muggle, same for you?
Hey , im out and back home after having day surgery, i'm told they removed some lumps.....will find out more when i go back on march the 9 th........at the moment the pain killers are blocking most of the pain....but i know it'll be sore when it wears of a bit, still got plenty paracetamols though....thanks for your support it has really helped::))

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey , im out and back home after having day surgery, i'm told they removed some lumps.....will find out more when i go back on march the 9 th........at the moment the pain killers are blocking most of the pain....but i know it'll be sore when it wears of a bit, still got plenty paracetamols though....thanks for your support it has really helped::))
Yay great to see you back, didn't expect it to Be so soon! Lovely to hear you're not feeling too grotty so far :)

Reactions: 4 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only

Clive, I was just trying to keep these two on their toes, while you were away.
Glad your back.
Do let Mrs C fuss over you, but don't go milking it. ;-)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging

Hi scottie , i had my surgery and im out, they have removed some lumps from my prostate and i have to go back on the 9th march . Other than that i feel sore but ok, thanks for your support and kindness ::))

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
You know I only went in to inform them of a change in circumstance-that being my daughter getting a job. This woman who served me looked at me like I am scum and spoke to me in a way i wouldn't speak to a dog. I kept my manners and tried to carry on but she kept being so **** abrupt and rude and eying me up and down so walked out. I tried to tell the receptionist what was wrong and I just collapsed in a heap of tears. I didn't ask to be in the situation im in, I didn't ask for my husband to cheat, i didn't dream of being a single parent living on the bread line. I have a young son with Aspergers who needs pretty much constant supervision at night because he will wake and either play Xbox, raid the fridge or wander off. Sometimes I feel like this is a living hell, I never get more than a few hours sleep at night and it doesn't take much to make me low, especially as I have no confidence to start with. I was brought up to respect people and have good manners, my 3 have been brought up exactly the same and I expect nothing less from others. Sorry to dump all this on you, it just hurt to be judged so negatively
Hi muggle, so sorry to hear how you were offended and not looked after, hope your ok now! Nice to hear your daughter has got a job, you must be well pleased,give her my love and a kiss from me::)) you are a lady in the proper sense of the word so keep a stiff upper.......and carry on regardless ::))

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Was thinking of you today Clive. Glad it's all over for now. Put your feet up and relax.
Im siting on thirty thousand cushions and yeoch it smarts, but hey, the team at guys were very good, lots to be thankful for , and it cheered me up thinking of my friends here giving me lots of support and i thank you very much::))

Reactions: 8 people

Janiept

Expert
Hi Clive, So good to hear from you today and know that you're ok, if rather sore :eek:. Make the most of your post op rest won't you and I expect you and Mrs Clive are both exhausted after a tiring day so hopefully a good night's sleep will make you both feel better. :)

Reactions: 7 people

scottie1

I am beyond words Muggle, how dare they treat you like that. I would make an official complaint, I really would. No wonder you were in tears, I would have been exactly the same.

I'm so sorry about what you have been through, it sounds exremely rough. I really can't imagine the pain, but you will conqour, I believe in you and know you can do it and come out on the other side, stronger. My son also has a disability, so I can relate with you on that. He has dyspaxia, this also means he can't sleep or speak properly, when he does sleep he has frequent 'accidents', so needs the bed changing and therefore a shower a couple of times a night so I know how draining it can be. He is 15 years-old and it is showing no signs of stopping. I worry about him so much, as I am sure you do about your son. We have a lot in common :).I also have no confidence, so much so I take my dauighter to school in a taxi as I am too ashamed to get a bus and it's too far to walk. I can't go to the GP's myself, haven't visited a dentist in ten years (until now) and I never go out with the children. Bit sad really.

Keep strong Muggle, with you every step of the way xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people