1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blood sugars have been perfect

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Mollyc1995, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Mollyc1995

Mollyc1995 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

so I was diagnosed the beginning of March, I have since lost 1.5 stone (still have 7 to lose)....so for the past 2-3 weeks my blood sugars have been perfect...when I wake up it’s between a 4.2-4-7.....after my meals it usually is around less than 6 one hour post meal and below 5 2 hrs....I follow slimming world and havnt really gone low carb, I have just watched my portions slightly and exercise...my blood sugars don’t seem to be affected by rice or pasta....last night I had a get to gether with friends and had chocolate, crisps and my blood sugars only went up to 6.9 and I didn’t just have a little bit....now when I was first diagnosed the food I had been eating would spike my blood a bit higher but now it’s under control which I’m very happy with, I wonder if it’s the weightloss that’s helped my pancreas work better

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. SB.25

SB.25 Other · Well-Known Member

Well done on the weight loss and improved levels! Keep up the good work :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook