Type 2 Bodybuilding and Diabetes

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
37 or 5.5%. This didn't feel right as my FBG was definitely better than at any time, my meter tracked exactly the same as my surgery's professional unit that had recently been NHS synchronised and my general control has been good. Adhoc tests say at night were 5.2 / 5.3. Now I am not as bothered as I was, as I have been told within the last week that there might be some noise due to some of my other lipids, I have a low white cell count which is normal for me (most likely due to low inflammation). This was checked by my surgery across several full blood counts.
Do you test after your OMAD?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sometimes. Usually early 5's or late 4's.
Sounds suspiciously low to me. I suggest you test just before your meal & then 1, 2, 3, maybe even also 4 hours after. I don't mean every day, but as an investigation. I used to get numbers like that at 2 hours, but when I tested at 3 or later I saw bigger rises.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I don't think diabetes is a problem. The only thing is that you should consult your doctor about your diet.

Bit of an old thread, but Personally, I'd never consult a doctor about diet or body building. They just lack knowledge on diet in general... let alone body building.