Book Corner.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm reading Truman Capote In cold blood - really like it so far it's like watching a movie.

Reactions: Guzzler

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope I will get to visit Rye Harbour one day as I love Monica Edwards' Romney Marsh horse stories. When I first saw it on Google Maps it didn't look like I had pictured it, but everything was there -- the William The Conqueror, the Old Vicarage, the Martello tower, the castle ruins, and the church -- just like in the books. I would like to walk along the beach one night by half-moonlight and listen for galloping hooves ...

Reactions: heh

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m still on my Patterson Alex cross athon. I started October 1 and I’m on book 12. Love them !

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just finished Operation Thunderbolt, and two of Margaret Cabell Self's horsemanship books.

Now maybe it's time for me to try some Rebus if I can find some e-books.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I've just finished Beth Chatto's A Dry Garden. She was a brilliant lady, great ideas, lots of energy and a great friend of Christopher Lloyd of Great Dixter fame
A super interesting book if you're a gardener.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'm just about to start reading Driving over Lemons by Chris Stewart
Absolutely, totally blast of a book, loved it an couldn't put it down. Hope you agree.

Reactions: heh

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
My next book or rather series is a reread of E F Benson's Luica and Mapp. It was addictive.
Thanks for the lovely person who posted on this thread, I didn't know it existed and love reading and ideas of where to go next. I'm totally eclectic and will have a read of anything........... well almost anything!! Like the idea of Sheds of Grey.

Reactions: SaskiaKC and heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Absolutely, totally blast of a book, loved it an couldn't put it down. Hope you agree.
Loved it and now reading follow up Parrot in the Pepper Tree

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm halfway through 'Touch' by Claire North and as the story unfolds it is becoming more and more exciting. Good stuff.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just started Lawrence Block's The Burglar in the Library, set in a supposedly "Merrie Olde Englande"-type B&B in upstate New York. I haven't gotten to the mystery part yet but so far there's a very good plot line about Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett, and some really funny bits.

Bernie and Carolyn, with the cat Raffles in his carrier, have just gotten off the train and approached the cab driver, who loads their suitcases but says he doesn't pick up animals. He has nothing again transporting them, but he draws the line at picking them up.

"Could be it strikes you as peculiar, but a man has to draw the line. People want you to haul all manner of livestock. If it's a cat today it'll be a horse tomorrow."

I snuck a peek at Raffles. He was a cat today, and somehow I couldn't make myself believe he'd be a horse tomorrow.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm halfway through 'Touch' by Claire North and as the story unfolds it is becoming more and more exciting. Good stuff.
Good author, have you read The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August'?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Re-reading Kim Stone detective series by Angela Marson.

Then on to Jodi Taylor's new book 'Dark Light'!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Good author, have you read The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August'?

I have, indeed. An excellent book worthy of a second read. It is extremely rare that I read a book twice but this one does it for me.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just started reading Vian Smith's Second Chance. It reminds me of the biker paperbacks I read in the '60s and also National Velvet and **** Francis.

LOL the website just ****'d out Mr Francis' first name! LOL

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading a book by Lucinda Riley called The Love Letter - it was re-titled (cant think what from) this year. About a letter that is passed to a journalist after the funeral of a prominent actor. But the letter holds many secrets that shouldnt be exposed. Der der der

Next on my list is to finish London by Edward Rutherfurd and then maybe the next lot of books will be ready from the library

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried the first Rebus book and couldn't get into it.
Now I'm reading Bill Bryson's One Summer and Daisy Newman's Diligence in Love. The first is pretty intense and the second is a 1951 Quaker novel that is very peaceful compared with Bryson's book but also really makes you think. As do all her novels.