1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Booster shots

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Peadair O Brionn, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Peadair O Brionn

Peadair O Brionn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Anyone have any issues with blood sugar levels after their Covid booster shots . My levels have risen since I’ve had my shot

2. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Yes mine were slightly higher for a week or two after each vaccine from what I can remember - a few months ago now - I am due to have the next one :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tannith

Tannith · BANNED

Wow. I'm glad to hear that. Not because I want your BG to go up of course, but because mine did, and I was hoping that it was because of the shot not because I had been overeating!

4. chani111

chani111 · Active Member

Yes mine has gone up slightly, thank you for mentioning it, all makes sense now

5. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek I reversed my Type 2 · Expert

Mine dropped with both original shots, which surprised me as with flu jabs they always go up for a week. No boosters for the average Dutch diabetic yet. ;)

6. Peter03

Peter03 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes I need more insulin after each meal and it takes a long time to start working, I had the same problem after my first covid injection but no problem after my second, I just hope it does not last to long

7. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Expert

My sugar levels went up for a few days, which is to be expected with vaccination.

8. ajbod

ajbod · Active Member

Mine raised about 1.5 mmol for about a week, then got a stinker of a cold which bumped them even higher. Slowly dropping back to more acceptable levels.

9. Mandyb72

Mandyb72 · Newbie

I had and still having problems, after my 1st vaccine and now with my booster vaccine 3 weeks ago, blood sugars had risen, plus it flared up my meniers disease too...:(

• Hug Hug x 2
  10. Sarah69

Sarah69 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t have a clue about my bg but had a nasty banging headache for a week. I also couldn’t move my arm that was injected for a day, had pain in my neck and all around my shoulder. If this is a yearly booster I won’t be having another!!

11. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Expert

It looks like the shots only last six months. ☹️

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook