Breakfast.....cereals

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone any ideas for cold breakfasts that aren’t full of carbs? I don’t follow an extreme low carb diet, I tried it ( for 3 mths) it just didn’t agree with me. I’m fine with lunches and dinners but find breakfast really hard to keep my carbs down as unless you want to cook something it’s porridge, cereal, fruit or toast. Thanks in advance.
When I used to have a regular breakfast I made my own granola. I can’t remember the recipe, but it was a mixture of flaked coconut, seeds, and nuts. On those I poured some coconut oil and baked in the oven for about 10 minutes. Kept in an airtight box, it lasts for weeks. I ate it with Greek yoghurt and a few berries.
Now I usually just have coffee with cream, it keeps me going until lunchtime.

Reactions: Guna108

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A batch of hard boiled eggs stored in the fridge. Greek yogurt and berries. Cheese and cold meats continental style. Left overs zapped in the microwave (doesn’t have to be traditional breakfast food!)

Reactions: Bnayee

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone any ideas for cold breakfasts that aren’t full of carbs? I don’t follow an extreme low carb diet, I tried it ( for 3 mths) it just didn’t agree with me. I’m fine with lunches and dinners but find breakfast really hard to keep my carbs down as unless you want to cook something it’s porridge, cereal, fruit or toast. Thanks in advance.

You could skip breakfast completely as many members on here do - just a drink of coffee with cream.
All I have is a soft boiled egg and a cup of tea.
What about a Greek yogurt with a couple of strawberries chopped up and mixed in, or half a dozen raspberries.
Cold meats and cheese.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I am just too hot to cook anything so I had a slice of corned beef in a slice of protein bread from Asda and a boiled egg. Maybe 5 gm of carb.