1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Breakfast.....cereals

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by Jackthehat, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Rustytypin

Rustytypin Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

When I used to have a regular breakfast I made my own granola. I can’t remember the recipe, but it was a mixture of flaked coconut, seeds, and nuts. On those I poured some coconut oil and baked in the oven for about 10 minutes. Kept in an airtight box, it lasts for weeks. I ate it with Greek yoghurt and a few berries.
    Now I usually just have coffee with cream, it keeps me going until lunchtime.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

A batch of hard boiled eggs stored in the fridge. Greek yogurt and berries. Cheese and cold meats continental style. Left overs zapped in the microwave (doesn’t have to be traditional breakfast food!)

3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

You could skip breakfast completely as many members on here do - just a drink of coffee with cream.
    All I have is a soft boiled egg and a cup of tea.
    What about a Greek yogurt with a couple of strawberries chopped up and mixed in, or half a dozen raspberries.
    Cold meats and cheese.

4. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Today I am just too hot to cook anything so I had a slice of corned beef in a slice of protein bread from Asda and a boiled egg. Maybe 5 gm of carb.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook