1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Breakfast ideas

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by angie92, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Sandy Cooper

Sandy Cooper · Member

Thanks BulkBiker. I'd definitely read these posts and try out the suggestions myself.

2. Brokenbill

Brokenbill Type 2 · Well-Known Member

i'm not really a morning person so my breakfasts are always very simple, most mornings i'll have 2 poached eggs on 2 small slices of wholemeal toast and on the side whatever fruit/veg i have to hand (carrot sticks/celery sticks/beetroot/watermelon/strawberries). or if i am super lazy or tired i'll have sardines on wholemeal toast xD

3. Estragon

Estragon · Well-Known Member

Oh man! Thanks for reminding me. Today, I really couldn’t think of what to have for breakfast. I read your post and I remembered how much I love Sards on Toast, now Burgen Bread. I added Tarragon, salt and pepper mixed and a squeeze of Lemon juice. Loved it.

Thank you.

4. Brokenbill

Brokenbill Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Haha no worries at all, it is a really easy and enjoyable breakie. I have mine with tons of black pepper and a dash of vinegar.. a bit of acidity takes it to another level. I use warburtons wholemeal load atm because I'm kinda new to eating a bit more healthy and I know this bread is easy to get and just makes things a tad easier for me while i start get going on this mission

5. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Diet Doctor is a useful source of low carb or keto recipes. I am not dogmatic about it but aim to have no more than 30g carbs unless its Friday...Eating coconut flour porridge (2 tbsp) and half a tin of coconut milk plus an egg topped with berries or almond butter.
    Or coffee and 1 slice of toast which leaves me peckish but is quick!

6. Crosswordpuzzler

Crosswordpuzzler · Member

Bacon tomatoes mushroom, sometimes scrambled eggs and bacon .: protein , fibre with few carbs

• Like Like x 1
  7. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Bought an egg steamer, been making 3 minute eggs with smoked salmon and cream cheese, and a few olives. Or I swap the cream cheese with kimchi.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Estragon

Estragon · Well-Known Member

OK, this month is my Official Diabeteavesary, (HBA1C 89 and fasting A1c 18) and after much angst and experimenting over this last year, I’ve realised I need TWO options for Breakfast: Do I want Savoury or do I want Sweet (yeah, that’s NOT sugar sweet).

Savoury: 2 x Toasted Burgen Bread (22% Carb) with either Marmite with sliced cucumber; Sardines and heavy with the pepper; No Fat Philadelphia Spread with anything on them; Melted Cheese on Burgen.... I could go on. Oh yeah any combination/style of Eggs with Bacon, Omelettes and shredded Lettuce.

Sweet: No fat Cottage Cheese base with my Almond fro my Electric Cheat chopper plus same chopped Apple and A small handful of Linwood Milled Organic Premium incl Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin, sesame seeds & goji berries. Dollop of Yoghurt! Also once a month I may take Museli with Banana and Yog.

Get my Breakfast done, the rest of my day has eventually into place, meaning a controlled Prediabetes diagnosis. My GP and dietician is happy with me.

Results? Afternoon BG between 4.7 to 5.7. Morning fasting now regularly low 6s with a 5.7 today. HBA1C? 52 :)

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook