1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Breakfast...Some Ideas Please!!

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by deathbycoke, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I said something really rude when I read that.
    Fat doesn't have anything to do with insulin - no trigger to release any no need of it for digestion and use as an energy source. There are essential fats - you need them. Your brain and nervous system are high fat, and require maintenance.
    Your nurse is so totally wrong I am actually impressed.
    Eggs do not elevate cholesterol - someone has actually done tests, cheese is ideal as long as it is not high in salt - and there is a variation in the carb content, but most cheese is low enough for diabetes control.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Crocodile

Crocodile Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That's OK. I was apologizing to the moderator for using the four letter word for human excrement.
    Glenn

3. K-ate

K-ate Type 1 · Member

Toast and marmite; greek yoghurt and banana does me fast before work

4. shoesy24

shoesy24 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

We joke about it but actually 2 squares of lindt 85/90% chocolate. And its not even christmas!

5. shoesy24

shoesy24 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Do this on the tube going to work.

6. Orangeteddy

Orangeteddy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I work shifts too and I'm not a breakfast person. On rest days I cook a load of waffles and freeze them. I use ground almonds instead of flour in the recipe to keep the carbs low. I then take a waffle to work which can be eaten cold or warm, and I also take a few cherries and a dollop of whipped cream. It feels decadent but is filling. You could also have the waffle with something savoury, i.e some mushrooms and grated cheese? On shift work it's all about food preparation and planning but some time spent preparing means you can just grab and go.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. luv2spin

luv2spin Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

6 soup spoons (table!) thrifty-full of organic high fiber plain oatmeal, semi-skimmed cold milk just about to cover it
    7 Medium Size Unroasted Organic Almonds
    30-35 gr. 1/2 Fat Turkish/Greek type of White Cheese
    A couple of Baby Tomatoes
    Lots of Parsley with Stalks
    1 free range soft boiled egg of 40-50 gr., organic dried hot red pepper flakes

1 Cup of Black Filter Coffee

#47 luv2spin, Mar 2, 2018 at 8:00 PM
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  8. steveo4

steveo4 · Well-Known Member

Porridge with some with a table spoon full of Berries or grapes

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook