Breakfast

Garymurday87

Hi all,

We are starting our first full day of carb counting today , can anyone give me some advice on what I can give my little boy at breakfast. He use to have Rice Krispies and cheerious. But for some reason he has gone of these, he doesn't like any type of egg yet either .

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Does he like Greek yogurt and berries? You could sweeten it with a little stevia.

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Could he handle (chopped up) bacon, ham or sausage ?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
How about weetabix, mini shredded wheat, toast, does he like fresh fruit so banana, strawberries ? I make my daughter a banana smoothie from scratch on days when she can't make her mind up a small banana is about 12g of carb, a glass of milk is about 10g of carb, hope these ideas help :)

Reactions: azure

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My grandsons are asking for sausages these days - made at my local butchers, I take them to eat at dinner when we are there, and leave the spare ones - the youngest is just two years old and seems as keen as the other two, and I can't blame him. When grilled the skin has to be removed as it goes stringy, but they really are best fried.

Reactions: pms543

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi all,

We are starting our first full day of carb counting today , can anyone give me some advice on what I can give my little boy at breakfast. He use to have Rice Krispies and cheerious. But for some reason he has gone of these, he doesn't like any type of egg yet either .

My children always liked Weetabix or Ready Brek, but you could also try Shredded Wheat or how about toast with a cheese or Marmite spread.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Shreddies are good - as is Weetabix. My son likes dry cereal with sliced fresh fruit. Toast and peanut butter is another option. Cheese on toast too.

At that age they tend to go off foods very frequently so it might be a case of experimenting a little! My son likes the Skyr yoghurts and a slice of toast and/or fruit afterwards. He's not diabetic but he is a similar age.

All thos things are easy to count. I use scales to weigh my cereal so that my carb count is accurate.