BS readings

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Cold ethyl, me too i was 16st 7 lbs back in sept 14........i'm now 13st 12lbs....aiming for 12st 8 lbs ::))

Reactions: 8 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 BED Yesterday
5.5 fasting Breakfast
5.7 2hr
Lunch No testing required
5.2 Pre Dinner Soup (EDIT Changed to dinner)
8.9 1hr Wash hands re-test phew............
7.6 1 hr re-tested on soup Vegetables with potato base and 1 slice of Seed sensations & thick butter.
6.6 2hrs Main Course, Cod, French beans, Asparagus, Baby Courgettes (Zuccini) Mayo
6.5 3hrs 1 Glass 'La Petit Chat' Red wine very nice
5.1 4hrs 1 more glass.
Pretty pleased with these....:happy: and the wine ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Grrrrr. Left my meter in my car last night and my son in law has the car until tomorrow evening. :-(

The 35g of organic rolled oats I had yesterday for breakfast:

6:35 am = 5.1
7:00. Nuts and olives as usual
Went to work
7:35. Rolled oats porridge
1 hour later 6.8
A further 20 minutes later 5.6
Before lunch 5.3

Seems ok but sends be higher than the oatmeal consistency.

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 fasting (unusually high)
6.8 at 2hrs after breakfast
5.6 before lunch
6.2 at 2hrs
4.9 before tea
6.6 at 2hrs (meat and spud pie, no pastry)
5.4 bedtime
5.6 this morning

Reactions: 6 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Before brek..............7.9 Higher than normal. Went to GP for blood sample then walked to town and back.
3 1/2 hrs later..........6.9

Reactions: 4 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How long a gap between your fasting reading and your pre-breakfast? That is a big jump. Can you get this gap shorter?
This morning the gap was 1.5hrs between fasting and eating breakfast. Currently I am trying to have breakfast earlier by eating in the car on my way to work. This would be 30mins after my fasting test - its not ideal but the figures are getting better. Unfortunately this morning I got picked up at 6:30am as I'm offsite, so I didn't feel comfortable eating my breaky in someone else's car. So I waited until we arrived. I'll most likely have the same issue tomorrow, as I'm at a breakfast meeting. I've tried having a snack in between but it doesn't make any difference. So I just need to live with it to some extent. My Dr said not to worry about it too much, but it drives me nuts lol

Reactions: 6 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 fasting @ 6.15
6.4 pre b/fast @7.40 (bran flakes with hazelnuts sultanas and whole milk)
7.6 @ 1 hr
5.9 @ 2 hrs

Pre lunch 5.1 (bit of an experiment with 1 slice seeded bread, baked beans and full fat Greek yogurt)
8.9 after 1 hour
6.8 after 2 hours
6.0 after 3 hours

Didn't bother with dinner because it's a low carb meal that I've tested before!

Reasonably good day considering the number of carbs I had!!

Reactions: 7 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 Fasting Breakfast
6.0 1hr
Missed 2 hrs
Pre Lunch No testing Required
4.9 Pre Dinner
6.7 2hr
Numbers Ok but the testing went to pot today
DESMOND course tomorrow, whether I manage the whole day will have to be seen....:bored:

Reactions: 9 people

Sigalit

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I woke up with running nose, increased temperature, and BG 6.7, after 11 hours of fasting. :(
Breakfast: 150 grams of banana, 1 glass of milk. Two hours (and two aspirins) later, by BG was 5.7

Too stressful day in the office; forgot about my snack again and when I finally managed to find some time for lunch, I was starving (but no signs of hypo) and so impatient I forgot to test. I had spelt pasta with grilled veggies, tofu and arugula. Two hours later - 5.6 Mixed nuts for a snack.

5.0 before dinner - tortilla wrap (38 grams of carbs) filled with grilled chicken, and 350 grams of salad (tomatoes, paprika, letuce). 5.5 two hours later. 70 grams of an apple for a snack.

Reactions: 4 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit of a weird one. 3.9 before the meal. Forgot to test on 2 hours but did it on 2 hours 25 mins and it was 3.8. Never had it lower after a meal than before. Had 2 pieces of low carb bread, quorn & chicken. After the meal had some cashews and raisins and a 9 bar. I thought that having the cashews, raisins and 9 bar would have sent me into the 5's or 6's.

Did do 5 miles walk/run between 3pm-4pm so that may have contributed to the dinner readings.

Reactions: 5 people