Prediabetes Can I eat any bread at all, I’m prediabetic

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Google says an egg has 0.6g of carbs, most (I expect all) meat has a very low level of carbs due to the glycogen that was in the muscles.
Sorry to derail, but that got me thinking. What would the carb content of the meat from an undiagnosed diabetic cow be? Assuming any animal can get insulin resistance or have a failing pancreas... (yes, I’ve got too much time on my hands, it’s the school holidays!)

Sapien

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Low carb bread

2tbsps almond flour

1tbsp psyllium husk powder

1tsp baking powder

Seasoning to taste

2 eggs

Mix dry ingredients thoroughly in whatever container you want the bread to be the shape of - it rises quite a bit.

Break eggs into the tub and mix thoroughly into a good batter.

Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.

Slice, toast, treat like normal bread.

5g carbs

17g fat

16g protein

I make a similar “bread” but use ground flaxseed in place of eggs.

Reactions: LooperCat

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry to derail, but that got me thinking. What would the carb content of the meat from an undiagnosed diabetic cow be? Assuming any animal can get insulin resistance or have a failing pancreas... (yes, I’ve got too much time on my hands, it’s the school holidays!)

Unless you are having the blood (then the grains in the black pudding will dominant) I expect it will make no difference.

I also expect with meat that the BG increase from the protein will be more then the very small amount of carbs.

Stephen Lewis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, liars, donald trump (no capitals for emphasis)
Where do you get the information that your bacon and eggs contain 3g carbs please? I never count carbs for bacon or eggs.
From the Food Diary section of the Low Carb Program. Actually I lied 4 bacon and 3 large eggs are only 1.8 carbs. This morning my dawn phenomenon was 8.4 so that was all I needed to eat.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="

I do not understand what BooHoo is... :***:[/QUOTE]

BooHoo - means , crying or sad