Can't gain weight!

CCCowton95

Hi, I have only been a type one diabetic since August 2012, not even a year yet and when I was diagnosed I basically looked like a skeleton and when I was in hospital I gained quite a bit of weight and I looked healthier and felt so much better in myself... Now I feel like I am going back to how I use to look and quite a few people comment which gets me emotional. I can honestly say that I am not the best person at controlling my sugar levels but all I wanted to know was if I had better control with my levels and insulin would that help me with putting weight on?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Mr Happy

I would suggest so. I am a 6ft tall bloke and was diagnosed aged 21 after a few months undetected, I was eating like a pig and weight in at 7st. I'd almost suggest the opposite of many approaches on here and up the carbs whilst keeping a proper eye on your sugars and lowering them. Try it for a couple of weeks - in the grand scheme of things, what's to lose?

onthegow

Hi
I keep getting the comments. Have y lost more weight. Yes I say now p***off. Lol. I struggle to put on wright especially since taking up cycling it falls off. But sugars are around 6. I feel good so guess its not an issue. Before cycling I use to eat around 100 grams of carbs each meal and weight went on the sugars went up and it fell off again. Now I do around 50-60 grams per meal 4-5 times a day depending on what I'm doing. My weight is stable little skinny but cycling does that. Trial and error nothing to lose. Good luck.