Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
Hi Guys,

As anyone tried Carb cycling.

I have heard it is good at improving insulin sensitivity.

I am scared that low carb and no carb day may not be enough to bring down the BG levels. As don't want them going too high.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not heard of it, so DuckDuckGo....
It sounds like a lot of hard work, physical and mental.
Be interested to hear views.

Reactions: Andy_Warlow

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Guys,

I am scared that low carb and no carb day may not be enough to bring down the BG levels. As don't want them going too high.
If low carb and no carb don't bring them down low enough then how do you expect introducing more carbs to help?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Carb cycling is used for sport dietary regime.
Nutritionists insist that having different levels and type of carb is to build up for events or games.
The nutritionist at my club, part of his job was to plan all meals and order the groceries necessary for those meals.

Those on here would be glad to hear that a low carb breakfast of eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes, and (tut) wholesale brown bread for toast, with scrambled eggs were a favourite. Fruit and full fat yoghurt were another favourite.

The point of reducing carbs is to stop the spikes and drops occurring too much with too many carbs.
Much more healthy to lower than up carbs.

No good for me!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Yes, some of those who practice low carb ketogenic and carnivore diets do this, but they always have a difference to "us"; they have never been broken by Type 2. Some include Siimland, Mike MutZel and Danny Vega. They all weight train to varying degrees with Danny being very serious and all including predominantly resistance training. I have listened to stacks of podcasts from these gents and know this is not a regular thing for them, so could be termed targeted Ketogenic.

I have not seen a successfully reversed Type 2 use carb cycling, seems a bit of an oxymoron.
Train hard via Keto with resistance exercise as a way of improving insulin sensitivity as one of around 3 routes.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Hi Guys,

Yeah I do. I have carbs on leg day, directly after my workout. It’s the exercise that promotes insulin sensitivity, not the carbs.

You might try what I did, get a couple Libre sensors and measure. Nutrient timing plays a huge role in keeping my BG levels in check

Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
Cheers guys for the info,

I have started and was quiet impressed with the results on blood glucose. It didnt spike on the carb as much as I thought it would.

But it also was done on a heavy weights day and I did a lot of walking that day too.

Seems that a good way to get extra energy felt so good the day when lifting, maybe it is all in my head though.

Reactions: hankjam