Carnivore Corner

CoastGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ohhh, that looks delicious! Did you prepare it or did you buy it ready done?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes... delicious! and how long did you cook it for, and at what temp?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@CoastGirl I got the butcher to butterfly the leg then marinaded it in a mix of yoghurt pre cooked chilli and coriander (roasted under a chicken) added garlic and black pepper with some salt. left it in the fridge for about 8 hours

@Brunneria 40 minutes on the bbq at all burners on full got up to about 300 deg C nicely rosy inside but it was quite a big leg.. with bone just over 3 kg have over half left for cold (my favourite). Last time I did a smaller one it was about 30 mins.. internal temp up to 135 deg F then rested for 5 full minutes.

Reactions: CoastGirl

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I nearly went for a leg on this week's meat order (Tescos delivery), but ended up not. Lamb isn't really Mr B's fave. The madman. I have told him this. But still he insists. Weird, huh?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I nearly went for a leg on this week's meat order (Tescos delivery), but ended up not. Lamb isn't really Mr B's fave. The madman. I have told him this. But still he insists. Weird, huh?
The new season stuff is so good at the moment.. no funky taste at all... completely delish!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Catching up here. Been v busy recently and now on a 2 week break in New York where carnivory is soo easy.

Managed an almost carnivore flight too - bacon and eggs in the lounge before take off. Grabbed some deli meats and cheese from the buffet in the lounge and took them on board and used them to supplement the tiny piece of beef (no fat in sight) from the inflight meal, to which I added some butter. Picked the mozzarella balls out of the salad and cheese with butter for dessert. Did also choose to allow myself a few Brazil nuts to stop myself giving in to the crisps, and a couple of squares of 92% chocolate I took on board with me.

No slow cooker deliciousness while here, but Five Guys, steaks and rotisserie chickens galore. And I’ve discovered the most deliciously creamy butter.

EF3B6E10-62E4-448D-8D1B-B85FEC552E81.jpeg

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. Catching up here. Been v busy recently and now on a 2 week break in New York where carnivory is soo easy.

Managed an almost carnivore flight too - bacon and eggs in the lounge before take off. Grabbed some deli meats and cheese from the buffet in the lounge and took them on board and used them to supplement the tiny piece of beef (no fat in sight) from the inflight meal, to which I added some butter. Picked the mozzarella balls out of the salad and cheese with butter for dessert. Did also choose to allow myself a few Brazil nuts to stop myself giving in to the crisps, and a couple of squares of 92% chocolate I took on board with me.

No slow cooker deliciousness while here, but Five Guys, steaks and rotisserie chickens galore. And I’ve discovered the most deliciously creamy butter.

View attachment 33972

Not jealous AT ALL!

M

Member496333

Last time I was in New York I got dragged off by border control into a mini guantanamo bay because the fingerprint scanners couldn’t get a read on my lancet-riddled fingers :shifty:

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Last time I was in New York I got dragged off by border control into a mini guantanamo bay because the fingerprint scanners couldn’t get a read on my lancet-riddled fingers :shifty:
Haha. Me too. Even though I had been there a thousand times.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is whole roasted chicken that was slow cooked for about 12 hours on high. I pulled the flesh off the big bones, left the small ones in and blended it.

Attachments

• 611A8317-9947-4145-9404-F70D24B30DCE.jpeg
    611A8317-9947-4145-9404-F70D24B30DCE.jpeg
    942.2 KB · Views: 312

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 33972
Have a great time over the pond!

Reactions: Goonergal

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As a “part time” carnivore I don’t like to interrupt this thread, but after 5 days of an Italian holiday I have found it remarkably easy to eat very low carb all the time (and I haven’t bought anything to eat in a supermarket, everything has been in a cafe or restaurant)

Tonight’s effort was a Cabrese salad, drenched in extra EVOO, and then a huge steak topped with parmigiana (on a bed of rocket which I didn’t eat)

IMG_2386.jpg

PS Don’t ask how I managed to film it rather than take a photo

Reactions: Brunneria
M

Member496333

Hypercarnivore is amazing. Min/max glucose readings the last few days, irrespective of fasting or pre/post;

Min 4.2mmol/L
Max 4.8mmol/L

Laughable :hilarious:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hypercarnivore is amazing. Min/max glucose readings the last few days, irrespective of fasting or pre/post;

Min 4.2mmol/L
Max 4.8mmol/L

Laughable :hilarious:

I’ve been throwing out high 5’s and couldn’t figure out why but I’ve ended up with laryngitis and a productive hacking cough so there’s my answer.
I’m obviously quite ill but I feel fine and that’s been the same for all the years I’ve been keto and Vit D supplementing; it’s rare I get a viral attack but when I do I’m not actually feeling the effects at all.

Has anyone else noticed the same?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been throwing out high 5’s and couldn’t figure out why but I’ve ended up with laryngitis and a productive hacking cough so there’s my answer.
I’m obviously quite ill but I feel fine and that’s been the same for all the years I’ve been keto and Vit D supplementing; it’s rare I get a viral attack but when I do I’m not actually feeling the effects at all.

Has anyone else noticed the same?

Definitely. In fact very sore throat yesterday and today with raised BG but other than being slightly sleepy and having slightly less energy, doing just fine.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Definitely. In fact very sore throat yesterday and today with raised BG but other than being slightly sleepy and having slightly less energy, doing just fine.

Amazing, isn’t it. It’s hard not to feel invincible.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
.... Currently boiling up the bones and remains of the carcass to make a bone broth. The only thing wasted will be clean boiled bones :cool:

I keep my chicken bones to boil up - they tend to be small leg and thigh bones which will if simmered long enough (mostly) crumble into a bone dust and marrow mix if squished, I get the liquid and the dogs get the squishy bits but I suppose these would also be suitable for human carnivorous consumption too.

Robbity

Reactions: Evie-D