1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Celibate for life....IS IT POSSIBLE?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jonniey, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hornplayer

hornplayer · Well-Known Member

........ So what about all those girls near the start of this thread who've told you you're handsome?? If you haven't spoken to a girl in years when did you have that conversation?
    There are plenty of ways to make a girl smile that don't cost anything. - This bloke was very much in love with a friend of mine. He was an actor. Star of the show, earning loads of money. He used to whisk girls he liked off to Prague for breakfast in a private jet. That sort of money. My friend was a dancer in the show and earned very little money. One day she broke her watch. He went straight out and bought her a Gucci watch. It cost more than she earned in a month. She threw it straight back in his face and screamed at him for "trying to buy her". They didn't speak for weeks. - I got sick of him whining too so I "helped". The next gift he gave her was a bag of jelly sweets shaped like watches. That made her smile. They've been married for over 10 years now and have two beautiful children. The ONLY high priced gift she accepted from him before they were married was an engagement ring. Her idea of a good night out in those days was a bag of chips and a walk along the sea front. It still is.
    Money really isn't everything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

That's a lovely story, hun - although I suspect it's totally wasted on the OP. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

If you will insist on mismanagement of your condition & letting high blood sugars "tickle your belly", then you ain't gonna "bulk up" are you Tiger...

So does the dude at the "off licence".... ;)

Lol, with the "same mentality"???! In an "alternate reality", you would be moaning yer too fat. :banghead:

• Like Like x 2
  4. jonniey

jonniey Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I run and ride bike everyday, that mentality of being active.

5. Gezzabelle

Gezzabelle Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Agree entirely. The constant, pathetic whining and apathy has me beaten too. I have run out of ideas to appease this person or to encourage any kind of reaction other that the perpetual moaning he is doing. I will just wish him luck with his pizza and beer ...I am sure they will be very happy together and live happily ever after

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

Those hobbies just isolate you to feel even more in your own head...
    You need to learn mindfulness and being positive. No hope of changing anything unless you do. The world does not evolve around your misery..

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

This thread has no purpose as the OP refuses to take any suggestions on board that would help him live a fuller life. Negativity regardless of helpful posts is upsetting to forum members.Enough is enough. The thread is being locked.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook