Changing time zone with a pump

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all :) I'm travelling tomorrow to Asia where the time difference is 6 hours. Its my first trip to Asia since starting pumping and I'm not sure what is the best strategy for changing clock on my pump. Shall I do it all in one go (I'm a bit worried that it will be all too messed up for a day or two) or change it gradually, lets say 2h a day?

Reactions: 2 people

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi when I fly that far I change 50% on take off and 50% on landing in both directions and this works fine for me :), so for you add 3hrs on take off and another 3 on landing. Reverse for the return journey.

http://www.diabetestravel.org/

D

debrasue

Hi all :) I'm travelling tomorrow to Asia where the time difference is 6 hours. Its my first trip to Asia since starting pumping and I'm not sure what is the best strategy for changing clock on my pump. Shall I do it all in one go (I'm a bit worried that it will be all too messed up for a day or two) or change it gradually, lets say 2h a day?
Hi, Ewelina - I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea of the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say that I hope you have a wonderful trip and safe landings!
Looking forward to seeing lots of lovely new Asian-inspired recipes on your blog when you get back! :)
Hugs x

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, Ewelina - I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea of the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say that I hope you have a wonderful trip and safe landings!
Looking forward to seeing lots of lovely new Asian-inspired recipes on your blog when you get back! :)
Hugs x
Thank you very much :) I will have a look around but From my last trip I only remember sweet kind of jelly made with rice flour. Nowhere near low carb but it was yummy :) Have a wonderful summer too. Hopefully weather in UK will be nice

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yep, I do the same as Chas. I flew to Canada which was 9 hours difference and it worked fine for me :) Your BS may be slightly wonky for a day as you get used to sleeping in what would be your daytime at home, but I found that soon settled :)

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I fly quite a lot to Singapore so probably got used to it by now but seems to always go fine for me.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hey @ewelina
hope you have a brilliant time-- i have yet to fly on a pump ( many times on MDI )
perhaps you could update after the trip on how you did ???

all the best
xx

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hey @ewelina
hope you have a brilliant time-- i have yet to fly on a pump ( many times on MDI )
perhaps you could update after the trip on how you did ???

all the best
xx
Thank you :) Yes I will let you all know how it went. I'm getting very excited now! Cant wait :)