Check Your Patient Access Repeat Prescriptions

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried to log in to re-order meds today. I got a screen saying they had 'improved' the system and would need me to log in with email and patient id/password. I tried what I thought was my password, but it wasn't accepted. I clicked on the 'forgotten your password' and was asked for my email which I entered. I was then told my email wasn't recognised!
I tried to do a new registration, but need to get an access code from my gp surgery. :banghead:

I found this online:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/05/31/patient_access_app_titsup/

So it seems I'll have to go into the surgery on Monday and hand in a paper meds re-order.
Anyone who usually re-orders meds or makes appointments online should check if they still have access.

I had the same problem several weeks ago when I tried it. It let me in eventually, and there has been no problem since. It already had my GP code typed automatically in the "email or user ID box".

Have you never accessed your test results previously? If so, you must have had a GP code. I kept a copy of my GP code when I was first given it.

I must say I do not like the new layout at all. Not as easy to see things, but at least they are all there.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I did have my usercode written down in a book with my other access codes - which one isn't supposed t do but how does one remember them all? But I can't find the book now. But my email is the same so I should have been able to retrieve/reset my access code.
I didn't need to use it before because it came up automatically because I had ticked the box to remember access details. I think it was a number.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did have my usercode written down in a book with my other access codes - which one isn't supposed t do but how does one remember them all? But I can't find the book now. But my email is the same so I should have been able to retrieve/reset my access code.
I didn't need to use it before because it came up automatically because I had ticked the box to remember access details. I think it was a number.
Sorry Prem, your post made me laugh! You have to write your passwords down in a book (as do we all!) and now you can't remember where you left the flipping book! Life eh???

Reactions: Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Keep trying. It did accept me eventually, although I may have typed in my access code initially. It definitely did not accept my email at first. It kept redirecting me to some sort of pop up page. I just put it down to gremlins that spring up when a site gets upgraded. I think I tried 10 times or more, over a day or two. Or maybe ring your surgery and ask for the code. They aren't secret ones, they are generic for the surgery. Hubby has the same as me.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also have a little black book with all my codes and passwords. I imagine we all do.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I do write the passwords down in code, so if someone got hold of the book they would have to know the code to work out the password!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
No they are usually to do with my favourite songs, with oblique references!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Keep trying. It did accept me eventually, although I may have typed in my access code initially. It definitely did not accept my email at first. It kept redirecting me to some sort of pop up page. I just put it down to gremlins that spring up when a site gets upgraded. I think I tried 10 times or more, over a day or two. Or maybe ring your surgery and ask for the code. They aren't secret ones, they are generic for the surgery. Hubby has the same as me.
Yesterday I tried to log in 4 times. Twice the site said it didn't recognise my email address when I tried to retrieve/reset my password. Twice, presumably it did recognise it and I did get through to entering my personal details, but nothing happened when i clicked on 'Continue'.
I went to surgery today and gave in a repeat prescription request. I also asked for the surgery code and was given a printout.
When I got home I tried to re-register but that was refused as the system said I already had an account.
I tried again to login, but was again told that my email address wasn't recognised!

The printout from the surgery gave the service provider as Evergreen Life. I presume this is a private company to who the IT support has been outsourced. I went to their website and tried to log in to my NHS online services/records again. But again it said it didn't recognise my email though it's the same one I used to register with.
The Evergreen Life site does have a 'Help' link, so I used that to send them a message saying I am unable to login, despite already having an account, with the email address which isn't recognised.

I got an email back (so obviously my email address is recorded correctly on my account) saying they had received my message and I would get a reply, which I await.

I suggest that anyone who is registered for online access to NHS services/records check to see if they can still get access.
If not, contact Evergreen Life on https://e-life.co.uk/ to find out what the problem is.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well I got a reply from Evergreen Life today, which seemed to suggest I didn't enter my email address correctly or had not used correct letter case, or miss-spelt words, and suggesting I try again and if unsuccessful they could delete my previous registration and I would then be able to register as a new account.
I replied that I had entered everything correctly and could they delete my original account and I would re-register.
They did delete my previous account and I have now been able to register again and view my test results, request repeat prescriptions and make appointments online again. Phew!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I got a reply from Evergreen Life today, which seemed to suggest I didn't enter my email address correctly or had not used correct letter case, or miss-spelt words, and suggesting I try again and if unsuccessful they could delete my previous registration and I would then be able to register as a new account.
I replied that I had entered everything correctly and could they delete my original account and I would re-register.
They did delete my previous account and I have now been able to register again and view my test results, request repeat prescriptions and make appointments online again. Phew!!

A very long way to get there, but at last you managed it. Now, don't lose your log in details! ;)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Time to renew my online prescription today, and I had the same problem again. I couldn't log in, and when I contacted Evergreen I was again told to re-register. When I tried to do that their system said I was already registered, though it didn't recognise my log in details. :banghead:
I went to my gp surgery to hand in the paper repeat prescription request. The receptionist told me that there have been a lot of problems with the online access.
I remember reading recently that the NHS wanted to encourage patients to use online access more. That's not going to work if they don't do something about their online access service provider.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Time to renew my online prescription today, and I had the same problem again. I couldn't log in, and when I contacted Evergreen I was again told to re-register. When I tried to do that their system said I was already registered, though it didn't recognise my log in details. :banghead:
I went to my gp surgery to hand in the paper repeat prescription request. The receptionist told me that there have been a lot of problems with the online access.
I remember reading recently that the NHS wanted to encourage patients to use online access more. That's not going to work if they don't do something about their online access service provider.
Prem sorry to be so trivial but which wet day did you photograph my Bobbie looking mournfully out the cat flap window?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Bit of a bummer for you Prem. Since first logging into the new upgraded site with a few problems, I have had no problems at all since then, and I log on quite regularly.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prem sorry to be so trivial but which wet day did you photograph my Bobbie looking mournfully out the cat flap window?
@PenguinMum The avatar reminded me of our first cat when I was a child, called Suky - there was a disagreement with my siblings about whether we should call her Lucky (as she was a black cat) or Suzy, so we reached a compromise agreement of Suky.
The avatar also kind of shows how I feel sitting looking out of the window when it's grey, raining and miserable outside.