Chickenpox (in Adults)

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And now I have chickenpox! I don't recall ever having them as a child, but it was 40 something years ago! Just before a few spots came out I felt absolutely drained with no energy at all. Thankfully, I'm not covered and they're mainly clustered near one of my hands and my wrist.

I'm just feeling very down and tearful. Not eating as I should (am diet only). Not a good start to 2017.

S

Shar67

I feel for you I had adult chicken pox not pleasant at all. Calamine lotion is good for the itching

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My ex sister in law contracted chicken pox just before her wedding day, so wore the short veil all the time, but she was okay in herself. I don't remember ever having chicken pox though as a child.
Wishing you a speedy recovery x

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Oh you poor soul! I had got that when I was 20 - so not fun - flu symptoms and then the spots came out! It was the one thing I didn't catch in childhood, despite being around others who did. When I caught it, it seemed to be a strain which was targeting adults who hadn't contracted it, as there was a cluster of adult cases in my area. Here's hoping you feel better soon (and don't scratch!) Sugar free jelly is good if you get a sore throat with it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
And now I have chickenpox! I don't recall ever having them as a child, but it was 40 something years ago! Just before a few spots came out I felt absolutely drained with no energy at all. Thankfully, I'm not covered and they're mainly clustered near one of my hands and my wrist.

I'm just feeling very down and tearful. Not eating as I should (am diet only). Not a good start to 2017.

My daughter has had chicken pox twice!, both times when in a dance show, I used Sudocrem and it was fantastic.

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for all your kind words. I've been using and applying some E45 Anti Itch cream but still have spots coming out and "blistering". I don't have too many and they're mainly on my right arm. Very odd! But then, what do I know about chickenpox? I've been told that some only get a handful of spots yet others can be covered . . . I'm hoping no more "pop up" overnight.

Still feeling low, but I guess that's a combination of the time of year and feeling unwell. I stopped my antidepressants about 6 months ago and am determined I won't be going back on them! This, I hope is a temporary set back.

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Thanks for all your kind words. I've been using and applying some E45 Anti Itch cream but still have spots coming out and "blistering". I don't have too many and they're mainly on my right arm. Very odd! But then, what do I know about chickenpox? I've been told that some only get a handful of spots yet others can be covered . . . I'm hoping no more "pop up" overnight.

Still feeling low, but I guess that's a combination of the time of year and feeling unwell. I stopped my antidepressants about 6 months ago and am determined I won't be going back on them! This, I hope is a temporary set back.

Piriton is also very good to stop the itching.