Confused about blood sugar?

Typeunknown

Hi I've recently got myself a CGM to monitor my blood sugar and I'm very confused it seems my line is almost flat but the wrong level? Overnight it's been sitting in the high 8s/early 9s then this morning its gone up to 10.4 and is sitting stable there. I'm currently on metformin and glicazide and follow a very low carb diet just wondering if this is a common situation on a low carb diet.

Typeunknown

That's my graph it's a pretty much flat line

Attachments

• 904D5A74-0803-471A-AC09-F45C133AED08.png
    904D5A74-0803-471A-AC09-F45C133AED08.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 236

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The low carb diet according to your graph is If not faulty, not causing spikes and maintaining levels even though you are still in diabetic levels. The glicizide should be working unless the glic is not what is required to control and you .might need another type of diabetic med.
You are aware, that glicizide can cause over time, low readings that can give you hypo symptoms. Do be aware of this as your overall blood glucose levels do come down.
Dosage with low carb is important with glicizide. And it should come as no surprise that it is a temporary measure. So if you get no improvement, to back to your gp, to have a review of taking glicizide.

Keep safe.

Reactions: Typeunknown

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you have access to a finger prick blood test, as the CGM could be reading your levels too high.

Typeunknown

The low carb diet according to your graph is If not faulty, not causing spikes and maintaining levels even though you are still in diabetic levels. The glicizide should be working unless the glic is not what is required to control and you .might need another type of diabetic med.
You are aware, that glicizide can cause over time, low readings that can give you hypo symptoms. Do be aware of this as your overall blood glucose levels do come down.
Dosage with low carb is important with glicizide. And it should come as no surprise that it is a temporary measure. So if you get no improvement, to back to your gp, to have a review of taking glicizide.

Keep safe.

Thanks, it's very accurate sadly and I was worried the no spike meant that low carb was working just not well enough :( not looking forward to my review this month

Typeunknown

Do you have access to a finger prick blood test, as the CGM could be reading your levels too high.

Yeah I've been testing my finger pricks and they're pretty much the same, I've found the CGM reads ever so slightly lower and can take a bit to catch up with my blood sugar if that makes sense

Reactions: Hopeful34

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah I've been testing my finger pricks and they're pretty much the same, I've found the CGM reads ever so slightly lower and can take a bit to catch up with my blood sugar if that makes sense
Yes it makes sense, thank you.