Covid and Work, Covid Advice and General Chat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My son called me this morning to tell me that one of his friends, who he met up with on Saturday, has Covid 19 symptoms, so the friend is getting tested. My son was going to come round for dinner on Christmas day, so not sure what will happen now :(

Reactions: JRT
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Max68

My son called me this morning to tell me that one of his friends, who he met up with on Saturday, has Covid 19 symptoms, so the friend is getting tested. My son was going to come round for dinner on Christmas day, so not sure what will happen now :(

Aw so sorry to hear that. Hope his friend turns out negative and your son is okay. It's brutal this disease in more ways than one.. My brother in law had his birthday today and my sister said he and his mum just had to have a chat on the doorstep it's so sad. We are hoping to see mum at the care home Thursday but who knows with all the changing regulations.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh for sure, quite possibly. Good friend of mine is exempt as he suffers with severe asthma, he says he wears one as he would rather be short of breath for a few minutes in a shop rather than short of breath on a ventilator! His words not mine although you are absolutely right I shouldn't judge as you can't tell..
It could be that one of the children is partially deaf. There's no way I could have worn a mask when my son was little.

I agree about the asthma. That's my view too. I sometimes have to take off my mask for a few seconds in the supermarket, but its better than not wearing one at all. I try to find a quiet spot to do it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Aw so sorry to hear that. Hope his friend turns out negative and your son is okay. It's brutal this disease in more ways than one.. My brother in law had his birthday today and my sister said he and his mum just had to have a chat on the doorstep it's so sad. We are hoping to see mum at the care home Thursday but who knows with all the changing regulations.
Good luck for Thursday, crossing my fingers for you X

Max68

Good luck for Thursday, crossing my fingers for you X

Thank you, and you I hope all works out well.

I really struggled at the school with masks and visors because of my hearing, or lack of it! You certainly don't realise how much you still lip read despite hearing aids. At least with all this social distancing I don't embarrass myself in a pub now when someone asks if I want a drink and I look at my watch and reply it's quarter past nine!! ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you, and you I hope all works out well.

I really struggled at the school with masks and visors because of my hearing, or lack of it! You certainly don't realise how much you still lip read despite hearing aids. At least with all this social distancing I don't embarrass myself in a pub now when someone asks if I want a drink and I look at my watch and reply it's quarter past nine!! ;)

I had to press the funny emoji :D

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Exactly what I was saying Friday about these. Sure use them in addition to all other precautions but definitely not instead.
You were spot on.

Max68

That has concerned me now about the quick tests we have been having at the care home before we see mum to allow a hug, albeit with a mask. Not sure what tests they use and how accurate they will be as the result takes only a few minutes.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I’m really really hoping schools go online again in Tier 4, or even countrywide. Older daughter, who teaches in Swale, says there were no full classes, very large numbers isolating, 20 staff isolating and a lot of fear during the last part of this term.

I know from my school I go to, with sickness and isolation too

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Some good news, my son's friend has tested negative for covid -19, so my son will be able to have Christmas dinner with me :happy::joyful:

Max68

Well each year I get a new calendar from Smiths and this afternoon I thought I would note down birthdays etc on next years. It's strange to look back at the year at the best of times but I came across a note back on 7th February outlining an appointment with my GP due to depression and unknown severe fatigue. Saw her again on 19th. As far as I remember I never did get a diagnosis or outcome and whatever it was it passed. Mmmm who knows?!?!?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well each year I get a new calendar from Smiths and this afternoon I thought I would note down birthdays etc on next years. It's strange to look back at the year at the best of times but I came across a note back on 7th February outlining an appointment with my GP due to depression and unknown severe fatigue. Saw her again on 19th. As far as I remember I never did get a diagnosis or outcome and whatever it was it passed. Mmmm who knows?!?!?

Each year our neighbourhood gets a free calendar from a small church 5 minutes away, I have never been in there, I'm not a religious person, but I've heard the gospel singing and it's so powerfully sung with joy, just amazing, but no calendar for 2021 :(
Seems Covid has even reached God on high ......................