Cravings... what are you craving at the moment?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those looks amazing!

This is the one I am trying. Got a veggie sugar free lime jelly from amazon this week to try it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/key-lime-pie---low-carb-version/Detail.aspx?scale=8&ismetric=0

I love the photos. The first one looks exquisite. The second looks likes something you would serve at Halloween :eek:
I have to make some.

I have to make some today.

Actually, I don't care about making it. I just wanna EAT it!!!

And I'm going to serve it in the 600 Gu ramekins I have...er... collected over time.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I don't do self control. 30+ years of experience has taught me not to waste my time.

I indulge.

Simply substitute your craving item for something 10 x gorgeouser.

Last night I wanted Pringles. :nailbiting:
So I had low carb chocolate sponge with double cream instead.
Clearly, I am a saint.

A saint in ketosis :angelic:
I like your way of thinking! I was craving food but 2 babybels, a small chunk of Mediterranean cheese and a handful of peanuts later and I'm fine. Am going to make a crust less quiche with cream, eggs, cheese and crab for tea with straw bs and ice cream. Is it just me but I'm only tempted by carbs when I'm hungry. Then I could eat the entire contents of the cupboard, fridge, someone else's fridge, cupboard! You get the picture!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Andrew, I wish you would have had this thread up already yesterday :(

Yesterday - well-knowing what I was doing, I passed by the baker and bought some wonderfully flaky nice pastry :arghh: - had read in a thread that the fatty flaky pastry was not really bad as it contained so much butter. hmm - not so .... - But I have lived and learned.

Next time I get an urge, I will make sure to check in here and do a bit of wailing about deprivances -might keep me in check!

annelise
Yesterday I had a super tiny portion of chips. And a whole battered fish. Spiked to 8.5 in an hour and after 2 was 7 but know it was wrong! Good job that I only do this occasionally! Would love Janssons frestelse right now. Do they have that in Denmark?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What is wrong with you! Strawberries are divine! Even better with cream and chocolate any maybe some ice cream......oh dear :confused:
rofl as a child I even hated them. Don't hate them now but would rather go without than eat them. Most people don't understand it when I say that. It is funny how we all have different likes and dislikes

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Toast! with white bread yum! Have not had any since diagnosed which has got to be 2 months now and sometimes, just sometimes would like to eat about 4 slices lol.... still my cheesy omelette every morning is delish. :)
Mmmm toast! With lashings of butter! Yum!

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hot chocolate fudge cake with double cream. Mmmmmm.

t1
Diagnosed 14/02/2013
44 years old
basal/bolus
Ohhhhh babeeeeeee! Lol! :D

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have been thinking about key lime pie for weeks. I finally have all the ingredients today to make a low carb one. I hope I won't be disappointed!
Please post recipe!

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Yesterday I had a super tiny portion of chips. And a whole battered fish. Spiked to 8.5 in an hour and after 2 was 7 but know it was wrong! Good job that I only do this occasionally! Would love Janssons frestelse right now. Do they have that in Denmark?

Ah, Scandi, I know what you mean. But we are not really into 'Janssons fristelse' in Denmark. But my ex used to be a keen fisherman (still is), so we would ourselves pickle buckets of herring. - I still recall from way back when we were discussing the dinner menu after having picked up our then two year old son from the kindergarten, and then talked about dinner and decided on 'pickled herring in onion sauce' (sild i løgsovs). He immediately picked this up from his backseat, and gleefully said "Oh, pippi loggows".(His take! - and still a family saying). - So my sons have been reared on a lot of fish, and the grands are also into them.

annelise

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ah, Scandi, I know what you mean. But we are not really into 'Janssons fristelse' in Denmark. But my ex used to be a keen fisherman (still is), so we would ourselves pickle buckets of herring. - I still recall from way back when we were discussing the dinner menu after having picked up our then two year old son from the kindergarten, and then talked about dinner and decided on 'pickled herring in onion sauce' (sild i løgsovs). He immediately picked this up from his backseat, and gleefully said "Oh, pippi loggows".(His take! - and still a family saying). - So my sons have been reared on a lot of fish, and the grands are also into them.

annelise
For us it's the phrase nice and warm. My eldest has always referred to her dressing gown as her nice and warm so everyone always refers to it as that.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well I was craving something sweet but @skal solved that with her yummy mug cake recipe! See thread back on track!