Cravings... what are you craving at the moment?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For the last couple of days I have been craving peanuts, any kind.... What the hell it could have been something like ice cream but oh no the only craving I have had since I started this journey and it is peanuts. I have indulged a little but find one handful doesn't make the craving stop. So now is the time to take control.

I have therefore started this thread to tell you all and to remind me to control my hands and I promise to tell you if I give in.

If you are craving a food tell us all instead of indulging.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Right now? Absolutely nothing. Yesterday hubby had a big bag of wine gums and it really hurt that I couldn't have any. I'm not the sort of person who can have things in moderation though so I knew it wasn't wise to indulge.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't do self control. 30+ years of experience has taught me not to waste my time.

I indulge.

Simply substitute your craving item for something 10 x gorgeouser.

Last night I wanted Pringles. :nailbiting:
So I had low carb chocolate sponge with double cream instead.
Clearly, I am a saint.

A saint in ketosis :angelic:

Reactions: 7 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Right now? Absolutely nothing. Yesterday hubby had a big bag of wine gums and it really hurt that I couldn't have any. I'm not the sort of person who can have things in moderation though so I knew it wasn't wise to indulge.
Well done zand. I shared a lift with a colleague and he ate a bag of wine gums next to me and I didn't have any. I know exactly how you felt.

I've just eaten steak egg and chips. You are talking to a lost cause.
It is schniitzel and chips for me this lunch time

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chinese!! Mixed starter and duck and pancakes...

And crisps.

Crisps will be the hardest to keep away from.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Andrew, I wish you would have had this thread up already yesterday :(

Yesterday - well-knowing what I was doing, I passed by the baker and bought some wonderfully flaky nice pastry :arghh: - had read in a thread that the fatty flaky pastry was not really bad as it contained so much butter. hmm - not so .... - But I have lived and learned.

Next time I get an urge, I will make sure to check in here and do a bit of wailing about deprivances -might keep me in check!

annelise

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
a baked potato. That's all I miss really. I am going to make me a big graph and when it says you no longer need the stilts to balance your weight then I am going to have me one covered with grated full fat extra strong cheese.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh dear Annelise, I hope it was so nice that you don't regret it.

I have had my lunch and been for a cycle and my brain is still telling me I can taste peanuts rofl

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@cold ethyl can you not eat a small backed potato with lashings of butter, or is it not worth the risk?

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Oh dear Annelise, I hope it was so nice that you don't regret it.

Oh dear Andrew, sad thing is that I didn't actually enjoy it overly much - had a somewhat guilty conscience while eating it - and too sugary for my 'new' tastebuds anyway. - And not good to see an 11 two hours pp (after a fasting of 4.9). I would much rather have made a splurge on homemade chips/French fries - if a splurge it need to be.

annelise

Last edited by a moderator:

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
ouch 11 after 2 hours, however that probably was the peak and you wouldn't have been higher at 1hour. That is what happens with fatty high GI carbs. They still come out, just delayed. Did you test at 3 hours? When I have steak and kidney pie and chips I see very little at 1 hour, peak at 2 and back down at 3 hours.

As for the taste - yes I put me head in a bag of doughnuts at work and the smell of the sugar almost made me feel ill. Could have eaten them all before Christmas.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Andrew, I wish you would have had this thread up already yesterday :(

Yesterday - well-knowing what I was doing, I passed by the baker and bought some wonderfully flaky nice pastry :arghh: - had read in a thread that the fatty flaky pastry was not really bad as it contained so much butter. hmm - not so .... - But I have lived and learned.

Next time I get an urge, I will make sure to check in here and do a bit of wailing about deprivances -might keep me in check!

annelise

@Annalise

I'm sorry - that was me. :sorry: It was a slightly frivolous comment, but for me, it works - I still get the BG rise, but it takes longer, and isn't so high.

A useful reminder that we are all different!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I staying away from home at moment and just been to local shop as I fancied and craved just something... And came back with a cauliflower cheese ready meal pack!! Meant to serve 2 but at 20.4g for whole pack.. I'm going to eat it all... Suprised at myself...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Annalise

I'm sorry - that was me. :sorry: It was a slightly frivolous comment, but for me, it works - I still get the BG rise, but it takes longer, and isn't so high.

A useful reminder that we are all different!
No offense taken, Brunneria ;)

Guess I had fiddled with the thought of having a splurge anyway. Had it not been the one thing, it might have been another. But I am now for certain totally off pastries of any kind - and back on the straight and narrow again ...

annelise

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A cauliflower cheese craving - My daughter would love you for that.

Anie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh my craving, Easter egg chocolate. I love the shells, not interested in what is inside. I don't know why, the chocolate just tastes different.

Lizzy5172

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Toast! with white bread yum! Have not had any since diagnosed which has got to be 2 months now and sometimes, just sometimes would like to eat about 4 slices lol.... still my cheesy omelette every morning is delish. :)