Cravings... what are you craving at the moment?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Toast! with white bread yum! Have not had any since diagnosed which has got to be 2 months now and sometimes, just sometimes would like to eat about 4 slices lol.... still my cheesy omelette every morning is delish. :)

My favourite too, with lashings of butter. I had a small op with a local anaesthetic a few weeks ago and while still in the day ward I was given 2 slices of white toast and butter (not enough butter as per usual) by the nurse who knew very well I was on a low carb diet for diabetes. I should have told her I didn't want it. I didn't. I ate it and it was delicious!

I'm not one for cravings at all unless its a big plate of home made deep fried chip butties.
As for peanuts? I can't eat nuts of any kind, they make me heave.

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I crave just about everything that is naughty and yet if I was allowed it, I wouldn't want it. My diet still isn't as it should be but as soon as I deny myself something, my mouth waters. Right now, I could sit and eat a two person Christmas dinner with a large glass of wine and/or a shandy. It would help me sleep......always does on Christmas day anyway.

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been out for a meal. It was fine, I asked for salad instead of chips, but now I crave diet coke. It sounds silly because a lot of you could cope with the odd glass of it, but I would be back to 2 litres a day again very quickly if I had one.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What is it about diet coke that would have you back to 2 litres a day?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What is it about diet coke that would have you back to 2 litres a day?
Don't know, I used to use it to fill myself up when I was dieting when I was in my 30's. I believed it was OK because a diet sheet from my surgery said so. I just find it so addictive. When I started to work on my health several years ago, I started with changing what I was drinking before I changed foods. I gave up drinking alcohol, because I had been drinking far too much, so I only drink it on rare occasions now. It took me years to get completely off diet coke and today I sat watching my son's girlfriend drinking one and I want some. I suppose it's my favourite drink, I really struggle with this.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I like coke and whilst away last week I drank quite a lot. Can I blame it for putting on a pound or was that the restaurants every night?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh ****. I wanted to blame the coke. Are you sure I cant :D

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just been out for a meal. It was fine, I asked for salad instead of chips, but now I crave diet coke. It sounds silly because a lot of you could cope with the odd glass of it, but I would be back to 2 litres a day again very quickly if I had one.
I love Pepsi and drank Pepsi Max for a long time several years ago. I've now found I can't tolerate caffeine unless it's in very small amounts now so I treat myself to a can of caffeine free diet Pepsi a few times a week. No other fizzy drink is the same in my book and I do understand what you mean by it being addictive.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love Pepsi and drank Pepsi Max for a long time several years ago. I've now found I can't tolerate caffeine unless it's in very small amounts now so I treat myself to a can of caffeine free diet Pepsi a few times a week. No other fizzy drink is the same in my book and I do understand what you mean by it being addictive.
Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one!

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one!
Lol no. Join the club..we're bigger than you think. Now my mouth is watering for me to reach a gold can of the nectar lol. I must resist..I must resist!!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've given up so much, I refuse to sacrifice diet Pepsi too although I do have caffeine free now and try to have just one can a day...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's really everything in moderation with food/drinks like this Debmcgee. I used to drink copious amounts of Pepsi Max and I knew it was OTT but no other fizzy drink is the same. The caffeine/diet free version is lovely and a treat a few times a week. Luckily for me too, hubby and our two oldest don't like it so I've just got to hide them from our youngest lol. I'm not a drinker, barring Christmas and the odd special occasion but I'd miss the occasional Pepsi.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Bacon sandwich with thick white bloomer bread and HP sauce.

Reactions: 4 people

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What I'd really like is a big slice of lardy cake made by The Old Bakery in Steventon, Oxfordshire. They sell them in my local farmer's market and I have to resist every time I go there.

Or maybe a large Cornish pasty from The West Cornwall Pasty Shop. I could probably get away with that if it wasn't for the fact I now know they contain over 1000 calories per pasty and I'm not prepared to waste half of my days calories on one pasty.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Just a couple of days of normality without D or anything else that goes with it
Marvellous !!

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Enjoy your nuts - a basic component of my LCHF diet - but my constant craving is TEA, & I satisfy that craving many times a day :)

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
me too there with a nice cup of darjeeling

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Crystallised stem ginger. Just because I saw it today.

Then I got thinking about Waitrose stem ginger ice cream.

I know I said I wasn't fussed by sweet things.