Cream causes more inflammation than glucose?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unless Jim is referring to a home C-Reactive Protein test.

How do you know you have no reaction without testing?

You can do a home C-Reactive Protein test you know other wise your statement is totally subjective.
I have no discernible reaction, John. Nothing at all or I would have noticed. Just like I don’t need a thermometer to know I have a high temperature.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have no discernible reaction, John. Nothing at all or I would have noticed. Just like I don’t need a thermometer to know I have a high temperature.

No but you do need one to tell how high it is and if you need to do some thing about it.

I was undiagnosed for some time running high blood sugars felt nothing on diagnosis had retinopathy, ckd and neuropathy only the last of which I eventually noticed prompting my diagnosis.

Because you can't feel it does not mean it isn't happening.

Reactions: Colin of Kent

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No but you do need one to tell how high it is and if you need to do some thing about it.

I was undiagnosed for some time running high blood sugars felt nothing on diagnosis had retinopathy, ckd and neuropathy only the last of which I eventually noticed prompting my diagnosis.

Because you can't feel it does not mean it isn't happening.
Are you referring to a reaction to lactose? I do not have a reaction to lactose. I think you made the same mistake as Jim.

Jim apologised for his misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I ran out of cream for my coffee and as the weather was cold and wet, was creamless for several days - my knees and hips seized up, I crept to morris practice yesterday, but had bought some cream late the previous evening - three cups of creamy coffee later and I feel back to normal.
I will try the experience again at some point, probably, but it was not until I got up this morning and found my legs were working that I thought 'oh great' but only now did I make the connection.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I ran out of cream for my coffee and as the weather was cold and wet, was creamless for several days - my knees and hips seized up, I crept to morris practice yesterday, but had bought some cream late the previous evening - three cups of creamy coffee later and I feel back to normal.
I will try the experience again at some point, probably, but it was not until I got up this morning and found my legs were working that I thought 'oh great' but only now did I make the connection.
( Had you considered Castrol GTX? )

I drink / eat a lot of double cream these days. Over a litre a week.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night I'd have considered WD 40 if I'd thought it would help....
I get through about 150ml (of cream, not WD 40) a week, but I am a very frugal sort - never believed when I explained how much I ate. Sigh.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Are you referring to a reaction to lactose? I do not have a reaction to lactose. I think you made the same mistake as Jim.

Jim apologised for his misunderstanding.
I am referring to your belief that because you feel no reaction to inflammatory substances that there is non that is erroneous I referred to my experience as an example of lack of sensations of effects on internal organs leading to the mistaken belief that that means every thing is OK the only way you can possibly know that you have no inflammatory response is to test.
Not only do I feel no need to apologize in this respect I personally don't think Jim needed to apologise for owt either.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am referring to your belief that because you feel no reaction to inflammatory substances that there is non that is erroneous I referred to my experience as an example of lack of sensations of effects on internal organs leading to the mistaken belief that that means every thing is OK the only way you can possibly know that you have no inflammatory response is to test.
Not only do I feel no need to apologize in this respect I personally don't think Jim needed to apologise for owt either.
So do I need to get straight out there and go for this test?
Maybe we all do?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If there are no symptoms does a disease actually exist? Or to put it another way, do we have to test for every known disease to be sure we haven't got it?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have blood tests to show raised inflammatory markers. I don't know what it is called.

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
If there are no symptoms does a disease actually exist? Or to put it another way, do we have to test for every known disease to be sure we haven't got it?

The more tests I do, the more I worry about my health when they uncover slightly elevated levels of sdLDL cholesterol and 5.6 mmol on a CRP test... For some people, if there's no clear answer how to fix it, you might be better off (mentally) not knowing about it and not forecasting what you might be eventually going to die from. . :wacky:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The more tests I do, the more I worry about my health when they uncover slightly elevated levels of sdLDL cholesterol and 5.6 mmol on a CRP test... For some people, if there's no clear answer how to fix it, you might be better off (mentally) not knowing about it and not forecasting what you might be eventually going to die from. . :wacky:
Agreed. It is possible to get a bit too anal (in the Freudian sense) on it all, for ones own good.

Reactions: Cocosilk
M

Member496333

Agreed. It is possible to get a bit too anal (in the Freudian sense) on it all, for ones own good.

I think it largely depends on your vocation, personality type, what you intend to do with the data, and perhaps most importantly, your motivations. What is anal to one is life saving for another.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it largely depends on your vocation, personality type, what you intend to do with the data, and perhaps most importantly, your motivations. What is anal to one is life saving for another.
Well yes. Should one want to use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut then that is their personal choice.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK folks, further derailing and arguing will be deleted.

Please bear in mind forum rule A6:
This is a Forum of many different personalities – if you disagree with someone then start a constructive debate or use the Private Message (PM) system to have a conversation. It is unhelpful to have to read miles of disagreeing posts, and can deflect from the purpose of the thread (i.e. thread derailing).

Reactions: Colin of Kent