D.C.UK Sponsors Circulation Product

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
Folks,

not sure if this post is going to get me into trouble or how best I should raise my concerns, however, our forum's parent group, have sent out an "advertisement" which promotes a device which has received poor reviews from our own forum community. General consensus was that diet and exercise are the correct means of improving circulation and suggestions that an expensive electronic device could do the trick were met with derision.

Personally I feel very uncomfortable that this very organisation is beginning to "cross the line" between what is best for it's community and pushing it's business interests.

Maybe it is simply me who needs educating?.

All the best - Steve.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I suggest that you contact the administrator in the first instance with your concerns.

The Community pages and the forum are two separate entities within D.C.UK.

The Community pages are a business which funds the forum but we have an independent view not always mirrored on the community pages.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
As Sue says, contact the Administrator regarding this.

I too get e-mails from all sorts of organisations including Diabetes.co.uk. I have a look at them, then either bin it or store it. If you don't want to receive the Newsletter then it is a simple matter to unsubscribe from it. There is a link in the Newsletter which will unsubscribe you immediately.

Personally I have an opinion about the product which I think is clear from my posts previously. They were less than complimentary. Everybody is able to put their personal view about the product which I believe is posted in Diabetes Product Reviews.

On the other hand some people have found it has helped them. So, as far as I am concerned if one person gets benefit from it, then it has to have some merit, if only to them.

The Community pages are a totally separate organisation which the Forum has frequently criticised one thing or another. It is a business. That has to be remembered by everybody. What takes place there is not in any way condoned or promoted here on this Forum.

If there is a complaint direct it to the right place first, not the Forum boards.

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
As I said,

I didnt know how to best refer my concern. Now I do.
Thank You

Steve

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dear Op and other users,

I'd like to make it perfectly clear that we (Diabetes.co.uk) neither endorse nor sponsor this product. At times, we will have advertisers and products on the site that some members of the community will not agree with. That said, we do not carry products that are not designed to be useful to people with diabetes, and we make thorough checks to ensure that there is substance behind manufacturer claims.

"cross the line" between what is best for it's community and pushing it's business interests.

Presumably what is best for the community is to keep the community alive. This type of advertising is the price of keeping this forum free. This allows us to continue developing our free resources and services, and allows us to survive during a recession that is wiping out small companies. However, your comments are extremely important, and have been registered as a concern.

We are sorry if mailing you about this product has caused upset, that was certainly not the intention.

Regards,

Admin

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I have to agree with the Administrator with regards to advertising, this is how many websites and forums operate to keep costs down or to provide a free service for members.

At the end of the day, you can chose to unsubscribe from it altogether should you prefer. As there is occasionally things that I am interested in on the e-mails, I chose not to unsubscribe, anything that is not of interest to myself I simply delete.

Nigel

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Folks, folks, folks,

point taken

honest!!!