Daily Mail article on me

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Nothing to do with diabetes except that I am a long term T1 diabetic and this is mentioned.

Do not look if you are scared of scars but it is an article about breast cancer and my fight...

My husband died beginning of March and he saw photos and knew of article being prepared. He would be proud that it has now been published.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...oudly-shows-flat-chest-double-mastectomy.html

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing to do with diabetes except that I am a long term T1 diabetic and this is mentioned.

Do not look if you are scared of scars but it is an article about breast cancer and my fight...

My husband died beginning of March and he saw photos and knew of article being prepared. He would be proud that it has now been published.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...oudly-shows-flat-chest-double-mastectomy.html
congratulations donnellysdogs what an inspiration you are beautiful picture. my mother had both breasts removed when she was 60 and i always remember going to her follow up appointments with her although she did not undress in front of me i could always hear the doctors comment on how neat her scars were just like your own you look fabulous .xx:)

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

What a beautiful person you are dd, inside and out............. I must admit your article choked me, but I know what a strong and a brave person you are and an inspiration to so many other women, by giving them a choice and hope X.

gold-medal-winner-picture-id531937852

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Very hard after Johns care in hospital and ambulances but I have to keep raising awareness for women that other options are possible...

And that we shouldnt have to go through psychologists when women having reconstruction dont have to!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You have my undying respect. My condolences on your loss so recently. You are certainly a trailblazer.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you everybody for your support.

Reactions: karen8967

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant, and SO helpful potentially for other women who will find themselves in the same position. I have always thought that if I developed breast cancer I would fight to have both breasts removed and I would absolutely not want reconstruction. IMO, in old age (I can say this, being 75) breasts tend to be neither use nor ornament anyway! And who wants to be lopsided, with all the inconvenience of still wearing a bra, plus the added problem of having to pad out half of it? Congratulations on a brave and rational decision.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Brilliant, and SO helpful potentially for other women who will find themselves in the same position. I have always thought that if I developed breast cancer I would fight to have both breasts removed and I would absolutely not want reconstruction. IMO, in old age (I can say this, being 75) breasts tend to be neither use nor ornament anyway! And who wants to be lopsided, with all the inconvenience of still wearing a bra, plus the added problem of having to pad out half of it? Congratulations on a brave and rational decision.

Thank you so much...

Reactions: karen8967

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh wow, thanks for this! I don't have breast cancer but I have multiple friends dealing with this and when I think they might benefit I certainly will share your story with them. And you look stunning in those pictures too! (Although I already liked your looks from the pictures with your dogs you shared on here :) )

Last edited:
Reactions: donnellysdogs

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

You are one fantastic woman. GO GIRL !!! (Hoot hoot)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Some women dont (i didnt) have a clue what you look like without a boob or no boobs... its so hard to find photos on internet, and definitely NOT from the surgeons.
So it is great that something extra is out there and easier to find now, from straight after a mx to finish and less than 8 months since last op.

Hoping @Antje77 friends have success through their journeys....xx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've seen one woman on This Morning and they showed her after op picture but not easily available like you say.
Mind u I'd look very very bottom heavy since I'm very big. (another plus why bariatric surgery is a positive thing, for some.)
You can carry it off. Not everyone will be able to, I guess. (in their own opinion, I mean).
But doesn't this prove how different we all are.
Your amazing!

I want to thank you too. We woman are very proud of you.
Or course sensitive men too. ;)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I've seen one woman on This Morning and they showed her after op picture but not easily available like you say.
Mind u I'd look very very bottom heavy since I'm very big. (another plus why bariatric surgery is a positive thing, for some.)
You can carry it off. Not everyone will be able to, I guess. (in their own opinion, I mean).
But doesn't this prove how different we all are.
Your amazing!

I want to thank you too. We woman are very proud of you.
Or course sensitive men too. ;)

Love you... wishing you success with your health problems!! Xxx

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Best wishes to you and respect for the inspiration you'll give to others.

Reactions: Freema