Devon!

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Are there any pumpers or soon to be pumpers in devon that go to the r d and e fpr their treatment and have been referred to pump clinics recently?? My new consultant said he is speaking to the pump director about getting me in the clinic. But he said it could be up to a year.

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
Hi cupcake I am travelling up to E&Devon hospital on tues , hoping for referral to get a pump, been trying for 5 years at Treliske with not a lot of luck , taking up my carb counting diary , BS etc hoping that will prove I am doing something to speed up the waiting time so hopefully they will get enough to start a pump group, not sure how many they need but a year sounds a long time

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
It does sound a long time and i like you have been asking for ages they jave been referring alot of people recently so he said there may be a wait but i think im going to leave a message with the pump clinic leader about it and how long it may be but hey might c u there

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
Hi had appointment at Devon and Exeter hospital did not see consultant saw the pump nurse , who was positive and has made an appointment to see Dr Lockett and two other people concerned with the pumps , can t remember who she said they would be, but the appointment is in first week of December, I showed her my carb counting record keeping with all the blood testing results and other information so hopefully that has proved I am committed and ready to learn, saw the Amina's vibe and the accu check one , I know nothing about the other pump the Medtronic so will do some searching on Google later, hope all is going well for you :D

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Havent heard a thing im phoning tomoro and speaking to someone to find out whats going on because im getting annoyed waiting to hear as they arranged am appointment fpr 6 months and that was a general clinic appointment . Fingers crossed

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
The medtronic is the one i would like its screen is good to see in bright sunlight whereas yhe animas colour screen is difficult too the accuchek one i have heard more bad than good about. Medtronic has a larger cartridge too well the 7 series does they have the mio insertion set same as animas insets an all in one system did u see marie awesome little blonde lady

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
It saw Judy , I think. I have not seen the Medtronic, she was not able to give me much information about how long the wait is but I gather they run pump groups on one type of pump at a time, and also when they have enough people wanting the same pump, have you done a carb course?

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Yeah dafne last year been waiting like 7 years to finally get to go on a carb course looks like i may have to go animas if its more popular

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
I am hoping that I don't need to do another carb course , did one 6 years ago so hopefully just a refresher might do, also as I live in Cornwall and had diabetes care at Treliske and I have transferred to Exeter we are not sure how the funding will happen , there seems so many barriers , get pretty depressed with it all at times, feeling pretty gutted last week as I have had my driving licence revoked due to hypos which now means I am unable to get to work which is only 9 miles away in Penzance but there is no public transport to get there by 9 o clock,

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
I dont think the dvla understand that we are very careful checking sugars while before and after driving i did see your post and thought hmmm bit harsh one hypo and they take it . Hope everything goes ok for u probably see you in clinic at some ppint haha

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
Hi hope all is well with you and not either washed away or blown away with this weather, just to let you know that I was called today with a date for a DAFNE course in Nov. Have you heard anything? Then I have an appointment to see the pump consultant

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Nothing apart from my consultant letter after my qppointment saying my one in 6 months will be cancelled if i get a pump one before fingers crossed i did dafne sep 2011 so in just hoping for an appoinmrnt

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
How did you find the DAFNE course? How many roughly attend, I have found a place to stay in Exeter so at least I don't have to travel from Penzance every day, just as well really as I not got my driving licence at the moment, going to find out about the buses as I guess there pretty good travelling to the hospital,

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Its was reakky good there were about 8 of us in my group and friday u go oit for lunch and work out carbs there its really good fun then they normally offer to go on the expert meter which i lpve let me know how u get on

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
Booked for Monday 18 nova have not got a letter with the times but think it is a really good way to do a class in one week things stay fresh and I know that I will be unable to any work or anything for that week so can organise myself, I was having problems finding somewhere to stay premier inn and travel lodge prices were £75 upwards so went on the website for the backpackers hostel cheap but the reviews were very mixed, but would have chanced my luck at a push but am sorted now , phew

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Yh 9 am ish start most days i think there was a ten am thrown in for fun too luckily im a 30 minite drive away and i car shared with another guy who lived near me hope u have fun and hopefully see u in pump clinic xx

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
Hi how are you doing? Any news about getting a pump? Did the DAFNE course , in jan 2014 not helped my BG control