diabetes and drinking?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The alchololic drinks without carbs that I know of are gin and rum.
Red wine is just 1g of carb per glass.

Drinks like WKD are overloaded with 35 or 47 g per bottle.

Cider ranges from 15g for dry cider, sweet cider is 25g and vintage cider is 42g per pint.

Hope that helps, hope you enjoy your 18th.

Alchohol best taken in moderation!!! Especially if you havent sampled it in party celebrations before. My worst memory of an 18th party I went to was my friend who got absolutely drunk and ended up wettigherself under the table!! That was 30 years ago... And thankfully in those days it wasnt recorded to go on youtube!!

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
rum can have carbs in, some of them are flavoured with cane sugar, especially the dark ones. Gin and Vodka should be OK. Avoid stuff like Malibu or liquers.

Deanna_Griff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
• Minging hypos
• Uncontrollable highs
• People who think I can’t eat doughnuts.. haha
Hello, most weekends I go out with friends and drink, I only got diagnosed in February as Type 1, it didn't cross my mind until two weeks after that I had to watch what to drink when out. I drink vodka & lemonade, this doesn't bring my sugars down, i make sure to eat a good meal at least 1 or 2 hours before drinking, after drinking i'd eat something quite high in carbs but not inject before, this reduces the risk of morning hypo, thats when your sugars can go low after drinking. But your going to be 18, id want to drink quite a lot of different things if I was you haha, just keep checking your blood sugar every 2 hours & warn your friends that you could have a hypo when drinking. Hope this helps!:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App