Diabetes and Psoriasis

Mick24

Apologies if this is the wrong area to post a question of this type.
I have recently developed on my hands a level of what i believe is Psoriasis.........my father also developed psoriasis at my age (54) and within months was aslo diagnosed as diabetic. I understand that the probability that i will become diabetic is quite high because of the hereditary nature of the disease but does anyone know whether the appearance of the psoriasis is a pre-cursor to this or whether there is no relationship at all......your advice, guidance and views would be extremely welcome.....

C

catherinecherub

Hi Mick,
If you google, "diabetes psoriasis" you will see that there are many papers on this suggesting a link between the two conditions.
Regards, Catherine.

Mick24

Thanks for your suggestions.....I have looked at the sites suggested and whilst there is definately a link indicated there doesnt appear to be any "timeframe" of development between the two conditions.........maybe its best if I pay a visit to my GP and ask the questions, unfortunately all previous visits have resulted in comments such has : at your time of life, its your age, you need to loose weight, etc etc etc etc

Thanks again for taking the time to offer your guidances.....stay safe.....

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi Mick
My T1 husband has both conditions. the Psoriasis came on in his teens and the T1 in the late 20s.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
PS
Mick
If you want to try to avoid T2, then it's worth going on a low carb diet. It will help shift any surplus weight. If you need a formal diet plan, Atkins, South Beach and Protein Power are all available in books
Otherwise get a carb guide such as Collins Little Gem (either Carb or calorie guides) and do it your self.
Since a good low carb diet is high fat, you might help the Psoriasis too. Healthy skin needs fat.
I make no promises, but it's worth a try and doesn't carry any risks or cost much.

Mick24

Thanks everyone for your positive guidance..........I have an appointment to see my GP tomorrow and will if he is as helpful...........stay safe............love and light........

Psoriasis is a medical condition that appears when skin cells grow speedily. Faulty signals in the immune system cause new skin cells to form in days not in weeks. The body does not throws away these excess skin cells, so the cells pile up on the surface of the skin and lesions form.

psoriasis medicine
http://www.herbalpsoriasistreatment.com/

psoriasis natural treatment
http://www.herbalpsoriasistreatment.com/psoriasis-treatment.html

donnat3812

Hi Mick

My 7 year old daughter has suffered from psoriasis for 3 years and was diagnosed with Type 1 in November. Since then I have found the psoriasis a lot harder to control and she now has an appointment with dermatologist as steroid creams don't seem to be clearing it.

I also suffer from psoriasis but am not a diabetic and believe she inherited it from me, as it does run in my family. Don't think they are linked but strongly believe the body is run down if the diabetes is not controlled and this causes the psoriasis to flair up.

Donna..........