Diabetes cured

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I have no idea what the happy picture of yesterday is either.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Ah. Now I understand this has degenerated to willy waving again.

Is your willie related to your social class?
Or is it your fixation, as you do seem to bring it up alot?
It's quote odd you keep mentioning it.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
So, guess the problems with you?
What the hell is wrong with you?
I disagree with your point of view in this matter and all you can do is wave your **** at me.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Is your willie related to your social class?
Or is it your fixation, as you do seem to bring it up alot?
It's quote odd you keep mentioning it.
Now you want to fight with Pipp ... how about discussing the topic?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really disappointed with you fellas. Turned a decent discussion into a brawl. Tut.

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
It could have been an interesting discourse but hey it's late ....

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Really disappointed with you fellas. Turned a decent discussion into a brawl. Tut.
Excuse me Pipp but I was making very valid points and this guy got very aggressive and completely lost me.

Reactions: 4 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Sorry, pipps willie waving fixation is beyond me, your odd idea that everyone can afford a steak or pork chop is surreal, so I'm going to leave you two to put the world to right on this thread.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry, pipps willie waving fixation is beyond me, your odd idea that everyone can afford a steak or pork chop is surreal, so I'm going to leave you two to put the world to right on this thread.

I am a mere observer here. Not impressed with either appendage. So put them away fellas

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Do you always make these kinds of presumptions and start shouting and throwing your toys out the pram when someone has another point of view or maybe wants to try and understand your's a bit better ... understand where your coming from?

NBCanada

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I expect we have all watched the TV programmes about very obese people and most of them had T2. Now we know there is not yet a cure for diabetes so how is that when these people loose loads of weight they are told they do not have diabetes anymore...how does that work.

Not a cure... just a way to manage it. I was diagnosed with Type 2 at 49. With levels of 25+ it looked pretty dismal. Got into fitness/diet control, lost some weight and the numbers just kept dropping. Diet control and building muscle is the key for me. (not Schwarzenegger type muscles...) Muscle burns energy and helps me control blood sugar. So now, at 57, no drugs and life is pretty normal. Best part is, I was tortured with rheumatoid arthritis since my mid-thirties and now that is completely gone! Eat "well", exercise (especially resistance) and look for information. (a body builder helped me...) Takes time and persistence, but the payoff is big.

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Not a cure... just a way to manage it. I was diagnosed with Type 2 at 49. With levels of 25+ it looked pretty dismal. Got into fitness/diet control, lost some weight and the numbers just kept dropping. Diet control and building muscle is the key for me. (not Schwarzenegger type muscles...) Muscle burns energy and helps me control blood sugar. So now, at 57, no drugs and life is pretty normal. Best part is, I was tortured with rheumatoid arthritis since my mid-thirties and now that is completely gone! Eat "well", exercise (especially resistance) and look for information. (a body builder helped me...) Takes time and persistence, but the payoff is big.
My aim is medication free and has been from the start.
From three 500 mets a day to one against the docs advice but I'm proving the doc wrong already ... well this place is actually not me.
Weights going down blood control much better.
Because the people here educated me where the docs didn't even attempt to apart from a picture of a plate.
I have chronic arthritis in my spine ... stops me from getting decent exercise ... diet for arthritis?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think that reversed means that they are no longer getting bg levels in the diabetic range, however that does not mean theyre cured it just means that by losing the weight and along with it the lions share of their insulin resistance some are now getting regular readings under the diabetic range limit.

What it doesnt mean is that they no longer have diabetes and should their eating regime return to their pre diagnosis pattern their diabetes will return which is why a maintenance diet it so important after weight loss.

I have not had an HbA1c higher than 5.6% for the last 5 years but I am still diabetic, just a well controlled diabetic like lots of others.
Just rereading posts as I can't sleep. @Sid Bonkers I appreciate you do not think diabetes reversal is possible, but think it is very different to be a 'well controlled diabetic' on medication, as you are, as opposed to being a 'reversed diabetic' on no medication who can eat carbs without spiking BG like myself and @Andrew Colvin.
Maybe we just have a different sort of pancreas

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My aim is medication free and has been from the start.
From three 500 mets a day to one against the docs advice but I'm proving the doc wrong already ... well this place is actually not me.
Weights going down blood control much better.
Because the people here educated me where the docs didn't even attempt to apart from a picture of a plate.
I have chronic arthritis in my spine ... stops me from getting decent exercise ... diet for arthritis?

Depends on the sort of arthritis. Its a bit of a minefield, just like diabetes. If it is degenerative arthritis ( often termed nowadays by docs as 'wear and tear' rather than osteo-arthritis) and you have bony spurs pressing on the nerves it can be excruciating. Need to strengthen the muscles around the area. I almost dare to suggest cycling. ;)

Since I can't use a bike or walk far, then I swim to keep as mobile as possible.

Keep on proving the docs wrong @JACKTHELAD. You know you can.