Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Yes, here too. Very cold, but dry and no wind. I believe all this changes tomorrow when we are due snow, ice, and gales.

Yes it’s forecast to snow (cry cry)

And I’m travelling to Liverpool tomorrow so I hope going over Shap is ok

Reactions: karen8967

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it’s forecast to snow (cry cry)

And I’m travelling to Liverpool tomorrow so I hope going over Shap is ok

Blimey. I wouldn't be going over Shap if the forecast is correct. I hope you have a very safe and uneventful journey. Is there a way round it for you. ?

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Blimey. I wouldn't be going over Shap if the forecast is correct. I hope you have a very safe and uneventful journey. Is there a way round it for you. ?

Unfortunately no
I live in the north of the county near Carlisle so the only way south is to go over Shap on the M6

Oh dear oh dear

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately no
I live in the north of the county near Carlisle so the only way south is to go over Shap on the M6

Oh dear oh dear

Yes, that is the way we go when we go north. The best bit is the Westmoreland Farm Shop services . And the views. Safe journey.

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes, that is the way we go when we go north. The best bit is the Westmoreland Farm Shop services . And the views. Safe journey.

There and back safely

And yes Westmorland (Tebay) services very good we stopped there to buy some biccies

Reactions: heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Duvet day for me, been coughing all night and feels like razor blades in my throat, even my tongue is sore :confused:

Have a good day

H :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning all

Duvet day for me, been coughing all night and feels like razor blades in my throat, even my tongue is sore :confused:

Have a good day

Tuck up warm and rest and remember plenty of fluids.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
My late hubby used to smile and say I was a cheap date. He may have had a point, just took delivery of a huge storage box that will take the tree and the baubles and all in the trimmings in one go. No more spider webs, no more bent branches and no more searching for different boxes at the back of the loft. This is like Christmas come early!
P.S The tree is a seven and a half footer and only eleven years old. Yes, I'm a cheap date, no I'm not organised. :)

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Duvet day for me, been coughing all night and feels like razor blades in my throat,
Hope you feel a bit better now. I had Monday and Tuesday off work with the same. My son has been coughing for 2 weeks now and it's just not getting any better.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you feel a bit better now. I had Monday and Tuesday off work with the same. My son has been coughing for 2 weeks now and it's just not getting any better.
I'm just having a lemsip before I go to bed. Not sure if I'll go in to work tomorrow, it's our Christmas lunch tomorrow afternoon and I'm really not in the mood :(

Hope your son's cough clears up soon.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Another disturbed night and just had my first lemsip of the day - they are disgusting aren't they.

Have a good day.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Pleased to see that Surrey Police have actually used a picture of my brother's Christmas lights to help advise people to leave a light on when going out. Apart from discouraging possible burglars, it's easier to see where you're going when returning home. Christmas lights OTT? Of course they are and my brother is on track to raise another £450 this year for a local Cerebral Palsy charity, making nearly £5,000 to date.

https://www.facebook.com/SurreyPolice/photos/a.191738324245776/1979171588835765/?type=3&theater

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Pleased to see that Surrey Police have actually used a picture of my brother's Christmas lights to help advise people to leave a light on when going out. Apart from discouraging possible burglars, it's easier to see where you're going when returning home. Christmas lights OTT? Of course they are and my brother is on track to raise another £450 this year for a local Cerebral Palsy charity, making nearly £5,000 to date.

https://www.facebook.com/SurreyPolice/photos/a.191738324245776/1979171588835765/?type=3&theater
A very laudable thing to do I have a friend of over 30 years with CP.:)

The Star is of course for you to share with your Bro.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
But surely, if you have external Christmas lights, you want to turn them off when you go out for electrical safety? Wouldn't that tell burglars when you are in and out? Isn't it better to use an internal light on a timer?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think the message was leave a light on when out the photo was to highlight that message not meant to be taken literally.

Reactions: archersuz