Diabetics R Us

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just woke up for the second time this morning. I just started a new SSRI on Wednesday and twice now I've woken up before dawn, wide awake and hungry. Oh, well, I hear SSRIs can have worse side effects, so I want to give this one a month. I"m getting a second cup of coffee out of it, so that's good. :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well this is strange I seem to have run out of prednisolone and it's over 24 hours since I have taken any how could I have missed the fact that there is no more in my medicine box, oops. It clears your system in about 12 to 16 hours or so I have been told, this must be the first time in years I actually have no immunosuppresents in my system weird feeling.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well this is strange I seem to have run out of prednisolone and it's over 24 hours since I have taken any how could I have missed the fact that there is no more in my medicine box, oops. It clears your system in about 12 to 16 hours or so I have been told, this must be the first time in years I actually have no immunosuppresents in my system weird feeling.

Go steady!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Think I better phone the surgery or pharmacy. Not the best state to be in, The pharmacy is not a great distance from here.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Had blood taken today for HbA1c, get results next Tuesday.
Mr Tesco has just been with the grocery delivery.

Hope you're all good today.

H :)

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Hope you are all well today.

Have a good day.

H :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon everyone! Just finishing breakfast. About to make a second cup of coffee.

Reactions: heh

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What a beautiful day so far! Sunshine and warmth, can't be bad. Hope you've all had a great day and are looking forward to the forcasted warmth over the weekend.

Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All,

I've been sooooo busy, but just popped in to say hello. Sadly I'm back to work next week but at least I feel fairly relaxed. Enjoy the weather!

Reactions: heh and Guzzler

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been slightly panicking for the last few weeks. I have been experiencing an ache type pain in my left calf that came on after sitting but eased off and disappeared when walking, sleeping, etc. I know the circulation in my legs isn't wonderful. Nasty varicose veins (inherited from my mother. Thanks mum), occasional capillary blood spots, spider veins and so on. So I convinced myself I had a DVT. I persuaded the receptionist to give me a same day appointment today and saw a junior doctor. She was really thorough. Asked tons of questions, examined both legs, measure them and spent a lot of time with me. Pulse rate was high at 90 but I was nervous, SATS 98%, so good. She said she is of the opinion it isn't a DVT but went along the corridor to speak to a "proper doctor" who said he isn't concerned and suggested it is nerve root pain. Believe it or not, he said it could be from a large thick scar I have following a road accident in 1964!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently these things happen, even after 54 years.

Big relief.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have been slightly panicking for the last few weeks. I have been experiencing an ache type pain in my left calf that came on after sitting but eased off and disappeared when walking, sleeping, etc. I know the circulation in my legs isn't wonderful. Nasty varicose veins (inherited from my mother. Thanks mum), occasional capillary blood spots, spider veins and so on. So I convinced myself I had a DVT. I persuaded the receptionist to give me a same day appointment today and saw a junior doctor. She was really thorough. Asked tons of questions, examined both legs, measure them and spent a lot of time with me. Pulse rate was high at 90 but I was nervous, SATS 98%, so good. She said she is of the opinion it isn't a DVT but went along the corridor to speak to a "proper doctor" who said he isn't concerned and suggested it is nerve root pain. Believe it or not, he said it could be from a large thick scar I have following a road accident in 1964!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently these things happen, even after 54 years.

Big relief.

You did right to get it checked, glad it was from an old war wound (!) rather than something new and untoward. Feet up with a glass of vino this evening methinks.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You did right to get it checked, glad it was from an old war wound (!) rather than something new and untoward. Feet up with a glass of vino this evening methinks.

He did also suggest it could be chemo related like the mild neuropathy in my feet, or diabetes related. I think I can rule both those two options out. Feet up and a glass of vino is what I do every evening, so I may just increase the vino. :)

Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

We are taking advantage of the forecast good weather and going away in the motorhome tomorrow for the weekend :happy:. So play nicely while I'm away :hilarious:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

We are taking advantage of the forecast good weather and going away in the motorhome tomorrow for the weekend :happy:. So play nicely while I'm away :hilarious:

Sounds wonderful! Have a great time. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My weekend is off to a good start. I just had fish and chip while watching "National Velvet." The deli lady gave me two chips and I only ate one, and pealed all the batter off the fish. And there's some left over for tomorrow.
fishblue.gif

Reactions: heh