Diagamet XL prolonged release

Toriana

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people, Liars, And people who think diabetes type 2 is not serious and that it's because we eat cake and chips !
Hi There,
I was put on these tablets on Thursday after my Dr changed my meds dose yet again, I have to take 4x500mg either in one or two doses with meals, I also take 1x Gliclazide at lunch time, when I was taking the ordinary Met I had no tummy issues, with these I have to keep rushing to the loo and I've been sick a few times as well, I can't find any real info or reviews about this brand of Met so I'm not sure if I've caught a bug or it's these tablets,
Any advice would be helpful as I'm feeling a bit washed out at the mo, Thanks xx

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Can I suggest a google search as well

Toriana

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people, Liars, And people who think diabetes type 2 is not serious and that it's because we eat cake and chips !
Hi Alan,
I did do a search but it only came up with the costings, the labs and the approval dates, nothing else really about this particular brand, I'm assuming it's the same as the metformin extended release but I thought they were supposed to be easier on the tummy ? Oh well I'll keep going for a couple of weeks and see how I get on x

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Does it not have the side effects listed on the leaflet that came with it?