Diagnosed in November T2 with very high reading, told yesterday I am no longer T2

Spithedog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
In November I visited the doctor to find out why I was peeing so much with a raging thirst, blood test taken. Two days later I had the call to re visit the doctor who told me I had severe type2 diabetes with a reading of 120 %. It was suggested that I initially try dietary control. I joined this site at my doctors recommendation and read all I could. I basically went on the Atkins diet with a few changed, if it had carbs I didn’t have it. In February I had my first test but heard nothing. I had to visit the doc yesterday and asked about my blood test, he spent a long time digesting the information on his screen, he eventually turned to me and said “how did you do that, you’re not diabetic anymore”. So I’ll keep up my regime and make sure it never happens again.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on your results and welcome to the forum! I’m glad you say you’ll keep up your regime because in my opinion you are still diabetic despite what your dr says, but like me you are very well controlled. I sincerely hope he’ll keep you as a diabetic on his records so you get all the regular check ups you’re entitled to.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
In November I visited the doctor to find out why I was peeing so much with a raging thirst, blood test taken. Two days later I had the call to re visit the doctor who told me I had severe type2 diabetes with a reading of 120 %. It was suggested that I initially try dietary control. I joined this site at my doctors recommendation and read all I could. I basically went on the Atkins diet with a few changed, if it had carbs I didn’t have it. In February I had my first test but heard nothing. I had to visit the doc yesterday and asked about my blood test, he spent a long time digesting the information on his screen, he eventually turned to me and said “how did you do that, you’re not diabetic anymore”. So I’ll keep up my regime and make sure it never happens again.
Very well done @Spithedog ! I hope you stay fit for many years to come. You also seem to have a good doctor there - hang on to them!
All the best