Diagnosis Results

EmmaJ99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my first appointment with my dietitian today and was told that my diagnosis results were 767. Would anybody be able to tell me what this means? I'm not sure if this is my HbA1c result or not

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hmm,are you sure about that? Maybe 76.7?? There are 3 possible units for hbA1C, NGSP, IFCC and eAG units, and you'd be dead with that figure on any of them. :)
Were you hospitalised before diagnosis?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Emma, as a Type 2 I don’t recognise this as an HbA1c result. I’ll tag in @Jaylee who might recognise your result as something specific to type 1.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @EmmaJ99 ,

I can appreciate the numbers thrown at you can be overwhelming.

If the decimal point was in the wrong place? 76.7 as an AIC would equate to 9.2%? (Please feel free to slap me on the maff.)

Though personally? i would clarify with my HCPs the exact number & what it appertains too, before buying a ticket for any worry trip.. :)

Reactions: dbr10 and Rachox

EmmaJ99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @EmmaJ99 ,

I can appreciate the numbers thrown at you can be overwhelming.

If the decimal point was in the wrong place? 76.7 as an AIC would equate to 9.2%? (Please feel free to slap me on the maff.)

Though personally? i would clarify with my HCPs the exact number & what it appertains too, before buying a ticket for any worry trip.. :)
Thank you

Reactions: dbr10

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe antibodies?? This doesn't seem like a measure of blood glucose

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
You must ask for a print out of all your lab results.There will be loads of useful information.

Reactions: dbr10

EmmaJ99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm,are you sure about that? Maybe 76.7?? There are 3 possible units for hbA1C, NGSP, IFCC and eAG units, and you'd be dead with that figure on any of them. :)
Were you hospitalised before diagnosis?
I went to urgent care where they did a pin prick test and it came up as HI so I was then taken to hospital by ambulance

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hmm, well try not to stress. The good news is that you weren't unconscious before diagnosis. T1 diabetes normally comes on pretty fast, so you shouldn't have caused any long term damage before diagnosis, so there's no need to stress about astronomical (or not) pre diagnosis readings.
Sorry you're stuck with this illness, but it is something that you can take control of in the long term, and there's no need to panic about short term weird readings. (T1 for 48 years here, the first 15 pre blood testing meters :)).
Lots of reasonably instant help on these forums if you have queries, and infinite quantities of moral support. Good luck with it all.

NoKindOfSusie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did they just say 767 without saying what they were talking about?

If you didn't know why didn't you ask?