discomfort in my legs

tigerlily9813

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi i am fairly good with my diet but over christmas i was a bit naughty and got into bad habits. i have since nearly got back to where i was in regards to what i was eating but have been having a choc bar every other night, only a small one. but thats going to stop as well. i have been getting pains in my leg almost like pins a needles but not quite a bad. they ache like mad and sometimes feel like i have run a marathon. during the day it mostly seems to go away and just give me a dull ache occasional stabbing pain. but last night was silly, it took me ages to get of to sleep as my legs were at their worst. i took my blood sugar yesterday and it was 8.9. im on 3 x 850 mg metformin 2 x 40mg gliclazide. and also a statin and the pill. i suffer hip pain and have to regularly have cortozone injections and take dihydrocodeine tablets most night to help get rid of the hip pain so i can sleep.
hope someone can help shed light on my legs, if i have done any damage.
thanks tracy

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Leg pain is a relatively rare side-effect of statins. It doesn't affect many people (I'm one), but it's something to consider. In your place, given that you are already being treated for hip pain, I would go to your doctor about it, and mention the statins.

I doubt if being 'naughty' at Christmas would affect your legs! Ask your doctor. :D

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
What is the name of the statin you are taking? If it is simvastatin then I suggest you go back to GP and ask to be changed over to others until you find one that does suit you. I had to do the same and ended up with rosuvastatin (Crestor) and I also take a daily Co enzime Q10 which often helps with the muscles.