do you feel healthier since diagnosis of type 2 ?

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to say i really do feel healthier, been six weeks on keto lost over a stone , I have more energy now my clothes hang off me just had to buy new underwear down three sizes,
and my eyesight is crystal clear , I can read my phone without glasses now , and i noticed i don't wear my glasses when making food and eating it , it was something in noticed improve from the start of keto, as I was getting a lot of blurred vision and for about four weeks my eyes were clearing up but I had periods where they would go blurry , but now they are amazing and I feel so good . I sleep longer now , and although i wake a few times during the night i do fall back to sleep fast and have really long periods of quality sleep .

I definitely feel healthier so a bad diagnosis is turned around for the good and I am really happy .

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree totally. I have lost over six stone, I have donated my too big clothes to charity shops and bought smaller clothes from them too, it was getting expensive to buy all new! My asthma and arthritis have benefitted from the anti inflammatory effect of low carbs. My skin and hair are in better condition. I sleep 7 hours and wake up feeling refreshed, and I feel younger and more energetic. I always describe my diagnosis as a blessing in disguise :)

Edit for typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Ponchu and Roulis

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep for sure.. 8 stone lighter and probably at my fittest since I was a teenager (was always a fatty).
No longer drink or smoke either..

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i'd say yes.

Lighter, and less creaky when i bend.
More energy, and now @Rachox , mentions it..
MY asthma has been far less troublesome this winter then ever before
(how i never picked up on that myself..:***:)

Eyesight is perhaps the poor cousin..mine still seems to waver on the blurry front most days..
(eye test for damage came back as None)

So a 9/10 for better health from me.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to say i really do feel healthier, been six weeks on keto lost over a stone , I have more energy now my clothes hang off me just had to buy new underwear down three sizes,
and my eyesight is crystal clear , I can read my phone without glasses now , and i noticed i don't wear my glasses when making food and eating it , it was something in noticed improve from the start of keto, as I was getting a lot of blurred vision and for about four weeks my eyes were clearing up but I had periods where they would go blurry , but now they are amazing and I feel so good . I sleep longer now , and although i wake a few times during the night i do fall back to sleep fast and have really long periods of quality sleep .

I definitely feel healthier so a bad diagnosis is turned around for the good and I am really happy .

I was ill for so long, and I put it down to my other chronic issues. I could barely walk anymore, just existed in the flat and that was about it. Fatigue and muscle weakness so severe I could barely lift a fork, sometimes my husband had to cut my meat. Once you know what the problem is, and you get to do something about it, yeah... Life sure can make a 180! Lost 25 kilo's, have more energy, sleep's improved, eyesight too, can actually do stuff... Better off mentally as well. When you hear it's diabetes the world tends to crumble. But once you know what to do about it, it sure can make a huge difference to quality of life. Mine's worth living again. :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely. 7 stone lighter, fitter - energy to burn - and all round happier and healthier than in years. My migraines also vanished.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Definitely. 7 stone lighter,

A star for all round improvement,..and another for THAT...that's almost another you, judging by the photo . A fantastic achievement..bravo

And probably an apology to others

I was so wrapped up in my own misery I barely spotted how much weight others have lost....in awe of your efforts, as well as your steely determination and generosity of spirit.

What a marvellous bunch of people I have been blessed with finding.

Respect to you all, may the progress never end

Last edited:

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do not feel any different because I always felt well with no other medical problems pretty good for a 79 year old I think

Reactions: Ponchu

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Most definitely for me. No more sickness after eating, 4stone of weight gone, healthier body, healthier mind and a general feeling of being totally in control of my life - until external sources throw a spanner on the works of course, but day to day I’ve never felt better

Ponchu

Yes.

6 mos on LCHF

40 lbs lighter
No more hypertension
No more meds.
Arthritis gone
Gums improved dramatically
Depression Anxiety resolved

Former athlete down to near athletic level of 15% body fat.

Scary news of diagnosis?

It’s saved my life.

Reactions: Goonergal

pjayem1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes definitely.

My diagnosis back in June like most people say was just the kick in the pants I needed and since then I have drastically cut down on the carby stuff.

I was tested negative for coeliacs disease but had problems with gluten intolerance. I feel so much better.

Lost 2 and a half stone in weight. Still a way to go but I am well on the path to fitness.

Oh and I bought a Fitbit back in September and now will walk up the stairs instead of using the lifts.

Much healthier and happier

Thank You All For The Inspiration

Paula

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yep!
3.5 stone lighter.
BP normal and no more meds for that.
Have taken up walking, walked/jogged my first ever proper organised 5k in December..
Have just signed up for a zero to 5k training programme
Much much happier in myself - I no longer burst into tears for no reason
I no longer fall asleep after lunch!
I don't have to get up for the loo all night
All my skin problems have gone
I love life!!!
All together we are an amazing supportive bunch of great people

edited to add - No more heartburn or acid reflux!!!

Last edited:
M

Member496333

Yes, absolutely. Wish I’d got diabetes twenty years sooner. I’ve never felt better my entire adult life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Most definitely for me. No more sickness after eating, 4stone of weight gone, healthier body, healthier mind and a general feeling of being totally in control of my life - until external sources throw a spanner on the works of course, but day to day I’ve never felt better
what diet are you doing ?

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
what diet are you doing ?
Im doing LCHF although in truth at the moment my fat intake probably isn’t as high as it could be. My carbs I try to keep less than around 60g a day. While I still have weight to lose I’m watching the amount of fat but will increase when I’m where I want to be so that I can maintain that weight. I’ve found with this diet my BG levels are great, and I’m never left hungry

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Yes, absolutely. Wish I’d got diabetes twenty years sooner. I’ve never belt better my entire adult life.

Same here wish I had been dx years ago:

Asthma all but gone
Heart rate down and much less erratic
20+kg weight lost
More physical energy
More mental energy
I LOOK better than I have in years, down to a 30 waist.
No more falling asleep randomly or just zoning out of conversations
Sleep like the innocent (were all a little naughty)
Im pretty certain my glasses prescription has changed my eyes have improved esp night time. No more blurring.

Everything is better, simple.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys all wonderful replies and I totally agree this forum is amazing with such lovely caring people , we're all in the same boat and when you get a reply you know its from someone who has been there and done that , and I love this place. You've all helped me so much and encouraged me I have come this far because of you all . I love you all x