Do you make your own record charts?

petsnponies

I find that the booklet the nurse gives me has no where near enough space for information. My hubby is currently designing me a more detailed record sheet so I can record carbs, insulin dose, exercise etc and not simply just my readings.

Do any of you design your own charts? What do they look like??

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I record a full food diary - every morsel that passes my lips each day with weight, carbs, calories, protein, fat, sat fat, fibre, GI and GL. Plus notes. I also record other things on a separate sheet such as blood results, weight loss, blood pressure and so on. It doesn't take long now I've got the hang of what nutrients are in different foods, and I use food labels and the internet to find these.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No I just input it into my meter (Accu-Chek Aviva Expert).

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I use the books but if anyone has any decent spreadsheets maybe you could post them here ?

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have a PC/laptop and Windows, it's very easy to design your own on Excel. If I can do it, anyone can!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
If you have a PC/laptop and Windows, it's very easy to design your own on Excel. If I can do it, anyone can!
I have a Macbook and trust me, I am useless on it ! I couldn't do a spreadsheet for sure :)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find that the booklet the nurse gives me has no where near enough space for information. My hubby is currently designing me a more detailed record sheet so I can record carbs, insulin dose, exercise etc and not simply just my readings.

Do any of you design your own charts? What do they look like??
I use the mysugr app on my phone - it has the ability to record all those things and saves carrying bits of paper or booklets around.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I created an XL with a sheet for BM, another to track carbs, cals etc for each meal, another for foods I like and the final sheet is for meals where I list the ingredients of a meal, like tuna, tomato, onions etc and total by meal for easy copy to my food intake sheet. May sound complicated but works so easily.
If you'd like a copy PM me and I'll,email it to you.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I created an XL with a sheet for BM, another to track carbs, cals etc for each meal, another for foods I like and the final sheet is for meals where I list the ingredients of a meal, like tuna, tomato, onions etc and total by meal for easy copy to my food intake sheet. May sound complicated but works so easily.
If you'd like a copy PM me and I'll,email it to you.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

That's more or less what I do.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found that the free little diaries that the meter manufacturers offer didn't cover exactly what I wanted so, I'm in the process of making myself a database so I can keep a better record of my meter readings. My meter tells me various averages over time, and there is also free software for my meter but I can't get the blasted data to upload! :( However, if I do my own I can record what I feel is most useful to me, and I can at any time add extra information if I feel the need. And do my own checks on progress, highs, lows, averages, etc, over a much longer time than the 90 days my meter covers.

Bluetit - I'm gobsmacked (and impressed) by the amount of information you find you're able to record, It would take me all day or more to do the same - and my husband does much of the cooking so I doubt if he'd be too pleased if I demanded a complete analysis of each meal he served up for me!!!:eek:

Robbity

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My husband is also the chef in our house and I drive him mad wanting weights of things! Fortunately we are very traditional eaters, with most things separate on the plate. We like to be able to see what we are eating! That makes life easier.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
My husband is also the chef in our house and I drive him mad wanting weights of things! Fortunately we are very traditional eaters, with most things separate on the plate. We like to be able to see what we are eating! That makes life easier.

I also have my wife well trained on weighing food out :D