Do You Weigh Yourself Everyday Or Weekly?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does the doc have a specific protocol for the weigh-in? I find the variety in how people get weighed infuriating, especially when all of them seem to choose different methods, and then put the results in a category like "VITALS" on a portal pretending to track essential measurable truths. Same deal with blood pressure monitoring.

So, I have chosen my cardiologist's protocol she taught me for measuring blood pressure:

1. Sit at a table or desk with a surface at the height of the center of your heart. Use a fat book or a pillow to adjust the height.

2. Adjust your cuff to where it is comfortable just up from your elbow, with your arm straightish and your elbow down, palm up.

3. Listen or read something, Let at least five minutes pass.

4. Make sure you are sitting comfortably and nothing is stressed

5.Push the button and, whichever stresses you the least, either watch or close your eyes.

So, I choose closing my eyes and listening to music.

Now that it is a regular thing, how would you prefer the protocol of getting weighed? With a gown? Without?
Underwear? Nude?

One short lived doc weighed her patients in their shoes, from hiking boots to flip flops, in whatever they came in , heavy wook coats or silk mini dresses. One day, I was feeling a little dizzy from fasting and forgot to note I was still wearing my backpack, at least a fifteen pound load that day. She was all in my face about the weight gain "after I told you to work at losing 10% of your body weight". She was so nasty that when she had finished writing up my lab orders and informed me that he staff member was going to come take my blood, and my response was that I would rather have it taken in the hospital lab, she informed me that I did not seem like a cooperative patient, that I was not cooperative and that she did not want me as a patient. She tore up my lab orders as she said this. I had fasted fourteen hours and waited two months for my first comprehensive examination with her. "And, it has been very rude of you to wear your backpack during the appointment" She never put two and two together and realized that I had been wearing all along, even during the weigh -in.
I would have been helpless with laughter when I realized the situation - I have a wicked sense of humour, and when I'd recovered I'd have been relating the joke to the practice manager.

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have learned that I apparently lose weight in a "burst" or "whoosh" fashion, meaning I go very long periods of time losing nothing, then suddenly lose a bunch of weight.

I don’t even own a scale. Weighing myself every day when I can go two months losing nothing would just discourage me. I weigh myself at my doctor's whenever I go there for some other reason.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I no longer weigh myself after years of daily weighing. After a few years on LCHF and then TRF (time restricted feeding), my weight was boringly unchanging and I finally decided to keep counting carbs, but ignore my scales and trust the process. I guestimate my weight these days based purely by fit of clothes. Been nearly a year and except for being measured a couple of times by doctors, weight seems unchanged, though I think there have been some favourable body comp changes judging by clothes and "eye".

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weigh/measure once a year. I've been on a bit of a nutrient density/muscle building bender for the last two years & was aware that at my age & small size it would probably be slow going - I was right! First year I gained a whole 1 1/2kg but my measurements barely moved so some OK newbie gains. Second year - I've not gained so much as a gram but I did increase my lean body mass by 1kg, decrease my bodyfat by 1 kg, & shrink a bit. I think if I weighed more often I'd probably get just a bit discouraged.