Does Anyone Know Of A Similar Forum To This For High Blood Pressure Please?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's my husband and not me. I want to help him especially as he has been my rock over the last 6 months. He is already on 5mg ramopril once a day but doesn't want it to go up. He weighs 14 stone 13 and is 5 feet 11. Apparently according to Google that's 3 stone over weight! So he is joining me on my LC woe as when we did a spot check yesterday his bottom line is in the 90s. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does he measure at home or just at the docs? I found my home readings were always lower than at the surgery.
Also after loosing a lot of weight ( I was super obese) my blood pressure lowered along with my blood sugars.
I'm 6 foot and this morning weighed in at 15 st 1.6 pounds so about the same as your hubs and I want to ideally get to 13 st over the next year or so. A bit of weight loss may well be all he needs to do and he'll certainly be healthier for it.

Reactions: Debandez

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's my husband and not me. I want to help him especially as he has been my rock over the last 6 months. He is already on 5mg ramopril once a day but doesn't want it to go up. He weighs 14 stone 13 and is 5 feet 11. Apparently according to Google that's 3 stone over weight! So he is joining me on my LC woe as when we did a spot check yesterday his bottom line is in the 90s. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

What was his top line number (systolic), and was his spot check when he had been resting quietly at least 10 minutes, no recent food, legs uncrossed, both feet on the ground?

Reactions: Debandez

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My DN said to always test three times. Don't test within an hour of taking caffeine or exercise.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My DN said to always test three times. Don't test within an hour of taking caffeine or exercise.

Yes, one off readings mean so very little. I took mine yesterday after running upstairs. Not on any meds.
142/81 at 12-45
120/76 at 1 minute later
108/63 a couple of hours later.

It is like blood glucose. It changes all the time. You need several at different times, and then average them.

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2

https://www.stroke.org.uk/

Has a strong emphasis on reducing blood pressure.

https://www.stroke.org.uk/what-is-stroke/are-you-at-risk-of-stroke/high-blood-pressure

or BHF
https://www.bhf.org.uk

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's very common for BG to go down after adopting a low carb diet - maybe the diet will work for your hubby as well.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez - I'd suggest you maybe have a look on healthunlocked. It's an umbreaal site, hosting lots and lots of discussion boards for differerent conditions.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What was his top line number (systolic), and was his spot check when he had been resting quietly at least 10 minutes, no recent food, legs uncrossed, both feet on the ground?
145 top line. Just before getting into bed..
Does he measure at home or just at the docs? I found my home readings were always lower than at the surgery.
Also after loosing a lot of weight ( I was super obese) my blood pressure lowered along with my blood sugars.
I'm 6 foot and this morning weighed in at 15 st 1.6 pounds so about the same as your hubs and I want to ideally get to 13 st over the next year or so. A bit of weight loss may well be all he needs to do and he'll certainly be healthier for it.
@bulkbiker his top line was 145 so i dont think that is too bad (he is 55). Bottom line 94 then 92. Today he is starting a diet! I see ypur went fown with weight loss. Stanfs to reason. Less body to pump nlood around. He did 2 readings last night before getting into bed but had nust sat on the bed and i. Not sure his arm was correctly positioned. This morning bottom line was 99! He was stressed. So tonight we will do it as suggested here @Bluetit1802.Thank you.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Nope!
It will be all those things tonight!!!

Thank you.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, one off readings mean so very little. I took mine yesterday after running upstairs. Not on any meds.
142/81 at 12-45
120/76 at 1 minute later
108/63 a couple of hours later.

It is like blood glucose. It changes all the time. You need several at different times, and then average them.
Will do thanks.