Can diabetics eat Tapas?

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Yes,,why not? You should be able to,fit them into your personal diet if you choose carefully.
Well I have actually never had Tapas but would like to try them, so thanks for that :)

Reactions: azure

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I have actually never had Tapas but would like to try them, so thanks for that :)

They're yummy! : D

You could google and get an idea of what might be available in advance so you'll feel more confident making choices. Some do,contain potato, so if you're avoiding carbs watch out for that.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diabetics can eat. any thing that they like ,whether it affects their BGs is a case of test and see I usually check the carb content on the packet or on a carb counting website and then. decide whether to try or not and then test the results .Some people can eat some thing that someone else might not but the meter is the key

CAROL

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I could eat them - and then watch my BG levels rise into the high teens - so I wouldn't.
We are all individual, so the only way to find out how you react is to try one and test.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I love tapas. My husband often cooks it/them and we've eaten them in restaurants. The trick is to avoid the gorgeous looking bread and the potato or rice based dishes. I love dishes with fish, prawns, chicken or aubergine and have a salad and another vegetable dish with it.

Reactions: Mal37