Does body type make a difference?

jonjaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid doctors
Hi everyone I am a big bloke at 1.85m and 138Kg I have a belly but I also have big strong arms and legs. I can lift my own weight and more; my waist is smaller than my chest but I do have type2 for which I take insulin and Metformin. my question is why do medical professionals treat me the same as a small skinny person or tall fat person? My GP practice nurse is 1.5m and weighs about 46Kg yet we would be given the same dose of Metformin and diet advice. I didn't see it but I was told that a TV programme took overweight people and grouped them according to their body type and them gave them different diets that helped them loose weight. Any ideas?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
that's a good question............

are people of different body types treated differently currently when it comes to body type.......

what would be your recommendations...?

martsnow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think that each person is an individual, and their metabolism has to be taken into account. As an example, both my brother and I take Lithium (not for diabetes). He is exactly the same height build and weight as myself

He has to take 1200 mg and I have to take 400 mg to achieve the same blood levels. I would have assumed that we would both need the same amount, so there must be other factors that come into play