Dominating my conversations!!!

Terryrhino

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lol...........no its not just you but you know that by now. Whilst I am in no doubt that I do bore people with all that is type 2. At least 4 of my workmates have experimented with ketosis and several friends have adopted a permanent low carb diet. Spread the word and keep the faith.

I've almost convinced my friend to the benefits of LCHF and she is considering it after Christmas

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

mc9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Phew I honestly felt a bit insane writing that I think It might be because I spend a lot of time alone both at work and at home so I just blurt stuff out to the first person I see lol

I need a girlfriend I think haha are there and diabetic dating sites ???
Phew I honestly felt a bit insane writing that I think It might be because I spend a lot of time alone both at work and at home so I just blurt stuff out to the first person I see lol

I need a girlfriend I think haha are there and diabetic dating sites ???
http://insulinnation.com/living/3-diabetes-dating-sites-review/
Not sure if legit though

Ange G

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Terryrihno and all
I too am a type2 bore, I have an extremely obsessive nature at the best of times and it's all or nothing with me, I am well known for it, my dad, bless him, thinks diabetes is just my latest fad. I wish it was just a fad and when I tire of it I could move onto something else but I afraid this one's for keeps. :clown: on a plus, I have found this site and would be lost without it.

Reactions: callyandy

peterjones6000

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Miserable people
I love cauli, I even have cauli sandwiches
2 of my friends join me talking about our problem one is type 2 and the other prediabetic

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thinks diabetes is just my latest fad. I wish it was just a fad and when I tire of it I could move onto something else but I afraid this one's for keeps.
I could relate
«You are fussy on what you eat exactly like a vegan» Was quipped once by a relative.

on a plus, I have found this site and would be lost without it.
Agree... At least I know I am not alone.

Reactions: Ange G and mahola

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
I stopped talking about it when I saw people's eyes glazing over and now only chat briefly about it if they ask. These days people ask me how I lost two stone and how they should eat "healthily"! That amuses me no end.

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
I stopped talking about it when I saw people's eyes glazing over and now only chat briefly about it if they ask. These days people ask me how I lost two stone and how they should eat "healthily"! That amuses me no end.

seadragon

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do get a bit obsessed talking about it but luckily for me my son (not diabetic but was once a little pudgy) saw my results and started LCHF himself, lost two stone, gained a six pack and is now more of a zealot than me. He is forever sending me clippings and news snippets about nutrition related stuff to the point where I am the one getting bored of it! :);) When he phones me there's maybe half an hour of the latest food scandals, new low carb initiatives, or dissing of those who are anti low carbing - before he gets round to asking for money! :D

Jix200903

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm with you. Being diabetic is like having a second job that takes over your thinking. I'm sure it will go to routine in time but until you've had a second and third test it will play on your mind - for good reason.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I will talk quite obsessively when the mood takes me with genuinely interested friends.

One of my students and I are renowned for our long conversations on the subject! (He's Type 1, but my coming to terms with Type 2 has, in some strange way, helped him to articulate some of his stuff and to gain a better understanding of his own management. It's helped me support him better.)

I am also remarkably reticent with those who are only interested in the fact I've lost 8 stone and want to know my "secret" or who know all about how I should be managing or what I should be eating based on the one person they know with diabetes. Or the TV documentaries they have recently watched.

I will be particularly sharp with those offering food who won't take no for an answer or who go "Go on, just once won't hurt."

Last edited:

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
I do get a bit obsessed talking about it but luckily for me my son (not diabetic but was once a little pudgy) saw my results and started LCHF himself, lost two stone, gained a six pack and is now more of a zealot than me. He is forever sending me clippings and news snippets about nutrition related stuff to the point where I am the one getting bored of it! :);) When he phones me there's maybe half an hour of the latest food scandals, new low carb initiatives, or dissing of those who are anti low carbing - before he gets round to asking for money! :D

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Terryrihno and all
I too am a type2 bore, I have an extremely obsessive nature at the best of times and it's all or nothing with me, I am well known for it, my dad, bless him, thinks diabetes is just my latest fad. I wish it was just a fad and when I tire of it I could move onto something else but I afraid this one's for keeps. :clown: on a plus, I have found this site and would be lost without it.
Well done on your success so far. i'm an obsessive too. On this occasion I think it helps. Needs a bit of commitment to get it right.
Keep up the good work. Your numbers are terrific

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@KezG it's a shock to the system isn't it but I'm slowly feeling the benefit on diet change well lifestyle change really and this forum is my saviour
Totally agree. Love this thread. Hugs, medals and likes all round. With some belly laughs thrown in too.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I could relate
«You are fussy on what you eat exactly like a vegan» Was quipped once by a relative.

Agree... At least I know I am not alone.

Arghh. No disrespect meant to vegans, but diabetes is hardly a life choice. Bless you for not quipping back!![/QUOTE]

Terryrhino

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

And people should talk about how you look so good weight loss is great isn't it I've done a stone so far aiming or 3 more but maybe to ambitious!?!?